Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Done With Autel

andrew124C41

Reaction score
After my V2 E2P flew off I foolishly used my warranty to get a 30 percent discount for the E2PV3 RTK in order to get the Smart Controller.

First surprise was the loss of most of the intelligent flight modes. Then I noticed that the Smart Orbit didn't work at all. The controller had problems. The yaw was hard to control. Changing flight control settings had virtually no effect.

As I am not in business, I guess I will have to deal with DJI geofencing.

It took a dispute with my credit card company and the BBB to get a refund from Autel.

They have potential but for some reason, they are just not cutting it.

After my V2 E2P flew off I foolishly used my warranty to get a 30 percent discount for the E2PV3 RTK in order to get the Smart Controller.

First surprise was the loss of most of the intelligent flight modes. Then I noticed that the Smart Orbit didn't work at all. The controller had problems. The yaw was hard to control. Changing flight control settings had virtually no effect.

As I am not in business, I guess I will have to deal with DJI geofencing.

It took a dispute with my credit card company and the BBB to get a refund from Autel.

They have potential but for some reason, they are just not cutting it.
Very sad to hear, but thanks for sharing!

Very sad to hear, but thanks for sharing!
Yes, it is. They had so much potential. The two CS reps I spoke with seem to know very little about the products and have to look at manuals or fly the drone. One of them didn't know that the Smart Controller has a screen recorder. She wanted me to download an app!

• Wow
Reactions: edgardcafe
I just took delivery of a Mavic 3 Pro; my first DJI AC in three years. I forgot how polished the hardware and software are.
I'm keeping my two V1 Evo II Pro's for backup/when DJI won't let me launch. I still have hope for Autel, we all benefit from the competition!!

Luckily I found out about Autel after the EVO 1 so didn't have to invest too much money for the lesson. Mavic 3 Pro and not looking back. Geofencing really depends on where you live. I'm in NM so no big deal although there are a lot of military areas so that is a big no go.

Please tell me more about that screen recorder, I have indeed installed an App. Is it available on older versions of the smart controller or a new feature that came with the recent V3 hardware release?

I just took delivery of a Mavic 3 Pro; my first DJI AC in three years. I forgot how polished the hardware and software are.
I'm keeping my two V1 Evo II Pro's for backup/when DJI won't let me launch. I still have hope for Autel, we all benefit from the competition!!
What Controller are you using for the. M3P and is it bright enough in the sun

RC Pro and it is a big improvement over the 10" android tablet I've been using, so I'm happy with it.
True test coming next month when I'm on the beach in the sun!

I should also say I would prefer a larger bright screen, maybe mounted on a tripod and use an HDMI connection. Freeworld has a 10" 2000 nit one coming soon and it might be a good fit.

Reactions: G_G
I’m also very frustrated with Autel.
I recently purchased the EVO IIV2 enterprise. I was told that they were going to come up with a fix for RID.
Then I find out that EVO II V2 is a dead product.
I was also looking at the Live Deck product.
Talked to 3 different support people and got 3 answers.
EVO II V1 and EVO II V3 support port live deck but not EVO II V2.
I will be looking elsewhere for my next drone purchases.

I was looking at the Nano to replace my DJI Mini 2 since I fly part 107 I'll need RID but Autel will not support RID on the Nano, they updated my Lite+ to support RID so for that I'm grateful. I still may get the Nano+ and add one of my Dronetag BS modules, the Autel Nano+ can handle the heat, I fly in during the summer, DJI Mini 3/Pro and Mavic 2 can't. Sorry to hear about your issues, I added a Tripltek 8 Pro to my Autel Lite+ at 1200nit, the new Tripltek 9 Pro does 1300nit with a 4K display, both survive 120F days without issues..

RC Pro is superior to Autel's SC in every conceivable way. I had a 200 Nit V2 Smart controller and it was very bright. But transmission was poor at best, and at 7.9" it's onky 225dpi. The "pause/emergency stop" button has the same 3 second delay as the RTH button- a huge safety issue that Autel ignored my plea to fix for nearly 2 years. No auto launch isn't a huge deal, but no button customization is. DJI RC Pro will run most apps, uses O3+, has 4 antennas, insane range with Mavic 3 series. You can customize button and button/jog wheel to adjust ISO/Shutter/aperture/cruise control/landing lights/Explorer Mode/AE Lock and virtually any setting. It is easily just as viewable in bright sun. The size and weight is more manageable and you don't need a 3 point harness. Mavic 3 Pro compared to E2Pro is more dramatically better, in my experience and opinion. Geo zoning is a real thing, depending on where you live and Fly. I am less than 10 miles from an international Airport and there are at least a half dozen GA airports where I live. I have had no issues flying or needing Laanc authorization- though I mostly I fly recreationaly. After parting with the E2Pro, I bought anEvo Lite Plus. Nice aircraft... same story otherwise. It's had ONE update in the last year, and that broke more than it fixed. It currently disconnects, resetting the homepoint to wherever it happens to be almost every flight - killing RTH function and failsafe RTH and Low battery RTH. The controller run time is really short, and the promised Smart Controller SE compatibility was pulled after 6 months of promises. I want so much for Autel to succeed. I wish them the best, but once again I have an orphaned drone with virtually no development after the first few attempts to improve it. Autel isn't changing their stripes, in my experience- a huge shame. They need to stop trying to be a big company before they are ready, and be a good company first. These views are my own - formed by 4 Autel purchases- each one a Silo - there is no interoperability matrix because there is no interoperability. All 3 DJI Controllers work with all DJI Consumer Drones. That is an Ecosytem I can work with, vs Drone/Controller combos that work together only. So much potential, unrealized. Evo lite reaches 90%+ advertised flight time, has unmatched signal, but falls down in just about everything else, and almost a year after purchase is buggier than when I bought it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo