Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 or Autel Evo II Pro?

DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 or Autel Evo II Pro?

• Autel Evo II Pro

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Hi Parkgt, I wish I never asked...:oops: to much information... haha, so now I know we are definitely talking Mechanical Shutters and not Apertures as was mentioned in the earlier posts, I quickly found a few good sites explaining it is some detail, my new Cannon is shutter-less (mirror-less) electronic, I hadn't really looked into the pros and cons and to be honest there is no mention of Rolling Shutter distortion in their spec.
I think for very poor light, portrait, incandescent light source and neon mechanical would be an advantage, also if the capture scan rate of the sensor is not great in electronic mode this might help, having said that I cant see me doing many portraits with my drone or flying around close to neon lights, at a distance on wide aperture at night it would be unlikely to have an effect, it does seem basically for still cameras.
A link which covers it in some detail but not enough to give you a headache...

I think it comes down to what you are going to do with your drone and personal preference, but I am glad you raised it as electronic still cameras are quite new as you will know, 30 years of photography and still learning, but of course until the last couple of years there was nothing to really compare each option with... there is now.... !
DJI obviously think there is a benefit, or perhaps their scan rate is not so good on that particular camera... who knows as there is no tech data on it that I can find... always suspicious...

So I guess the choice is yours, well whoever is buying it...

Last thing, the EVO 2 has an exceptionally fast scan rate matching the 1" sensor, I think it would be hard to beat even with a mechanical shutter.

Cheers

PS I will let you know as my EVO 2 is on it's way, have the EVO 1 at the moment and can;t sing it's praises to much, I hope the new 6K Pro will be as good and hopefully a lot better as it is truly 6K, my PC struggles a bit when down converted to 4K so hopeful it won't just stop...

Hi Parkgt, I wish I never asked...:oops: to much information... haha, so now I know we are definitely talking Mechanical Shutters and not Apertures as was mentioned in the earlier posts, I quickly found a few good sites explaining it is some detail,

Those that do serious mapping for commercial purposes are primarily the ones that seem to benefit from the mechanical shutters. Most 107 pilots or hobbyists will never see the difference or need.

Looking forward to seeing the early reviews on the E2P.

All the Phantom 4 Pro series have a mechanical shutter. As a surveyor and mapper, the mechanical shutter is a must if you are taking photos while moving. When I do missions with my Evo, I have to sit down and remove all the blurry photos from the group, before starting my photogrammetry.

If you plan to put a lot of hours on the bird there is a little known issue with the GPS failing in high hour units of the Phantom 4 pro. It will drop back to atti intermittently when it starts to fail.

I love my Evo and ANAFI after losing 3 Mavic Pro but I still feel DJI has advantages in transmission with Occusync, especially Evo only supports 2.4G. I'm hoping Evo II employs advanced transmission technologies...

Reactions: parkgt
I've got the mavic 2 pro and Evo II 8k. The DJI app is mature and ready for professional work. The Evo app is not even close to ready for professional work yet. When do you need it to be ready? If soon, you don't even really have a choice.

I've got the mavic 2 pro and Evo II 8k. The DJI app is mature and ready for professional work. The Evo app is not even close to ready for professional work yet. When do you need it to be ready? If soon, you don't even really have a choice.

It is kind of sad that what could be a compeling alternative to the M2s and upcoming M3s is limited by Autel's inability to garner 3rd party support. They must be satisfied with being a minor player or they would change their attitude or hire the talent needed to flesh things out more themselves.

They really have no choice other than like you said to hire someone because Autel released the SDK for the EVO 1 and nobody was willing or offered to do any work with it.

Last edited:
Autel just posted footage from the E2P and it is absolutely gorgeous. That made up my mind.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58