Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DISASSEMBLYING (and reassemblying) EVO II - Replacing Aircraft shell

Can it fly in "skeleton" form? :)

More important, looks like shell has no load function. Which means cracks are just cosmetic, not a structural problem. They don't affect the flight performance or safety..

Definitely very useful, probably simplest outer shell replacement out there.

Is it possible future shell replacements come in different colors? Black would be nice, or other colors.

Good informative video
Paul

Reactions: lukappaseidue
carbon fiber, baby ! let's lower that power to weight ratio even more :)

Hello Walter,

Funny thing about Carbon filter, I was not familiar with carbon filter until this pass weekend. Recently, joined an RC flying club here locally near my home. This weekend, we had a big raffle and luck was on my side. Won three RC airplanes, one was a very expensive Explorer F5J electric glider made of carbon fiber. The second RC was a BAe Hawk T1 70mm jet, and a small RC Timber Cub.

The F5J electric glider is so light, very strong frame. I didn’t realize Carbon fiber was so strong and light until winning the F5J electric glider.

I wonder if future drones will use Carbon fiber, maybe some already do? Definitely strong material, let’s keep our fingers crossed.

Paul

3D14877B-A17C-4D9A-8F8C-934823BA15D6.jpeg3D14877B-A17C-4D9A-8F8C-934823BA15D6.jpeg9E1C5EC6-DA3D-4B14-8D23-BCA11BD1EA44.jpeg30EF60D0-B168-4BCF-A8FB-CA171DA0E4CC.jpeg

I wonder if future drones will use Carbon fiber, maybe some already do? Definitely strong material, let’s keep our fingers crossed.

carbon fiber is hard to shape on curved surfaces. But if you check ebay for "carbon fiber drone" you will find a lot of frames. Light, strong and very popular in FPV world.

carbon fiber is hard to shape on curved surfaces. But if you check ebay for "carbon fiber drone" you will find a lot of frames. Light, strong and very popular in FPV world.
Obviously you have never seen a Formula 1 race car lol

Carbon fiber doesn't pass RF signals as readily as ABS plastic or S-glass. CF shell could block GPS receiver antenna located under the top cowl.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen