Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Difficulties calibrating gimbal on Evo Pro 2

Sorry to hear that. This gimbal issue is new to me. No recent updates. Been flying fine then all of a sudden no bueno no mo.

Good luck with that. Haven’t been able to get mine to pass a gimbal calibration since a few firmware updates ago like others have experienced. Never get any errors though. They were useless and denied it’s firmware related, even though it was fine prior to that without any damage or crash. The only option they gave was to send it in. They’ll probably wanna charge me man hours and a new gimbal. Yeah….pass. I was hoping the most recent firmware negated the issue, but it still prevails like a bad STD.
I made the mistake of traveling off-road with the gimbal guard off. I should have known better since I was traveling over some rough terrain. I realize I should never travel with the guard off because just one bump can jar the gimbal/camera enough to break something. I do hope one day I can fix my broken gimbal or find a good 6k or 8k to replace it at a much lower price than new since they are easily replaceable.

I made the mistake of forgetting these are very delicate sensitive robotic machines not built to take much punishment at all. Even the DJI FPV drone is a fragile drone which is one of their owners biggest complaints for an FPV type drone.

Hello all. I just uploaded firmware (I believe) 2.5.18 and have started experiencing difficulties calibrating the gimbal. Prior to this firmware update I had no problems. Despite placing the drone on a solid flat table, during the calibration process I see a red message indicating that the drone is shaking and is unable to calibrate. On the remote another message says "Gimbal is Not Ready." During the process, however, the gimbal rotates in different directions as it normally does.

Any Suggestions? I've heard recently that the order of calibration addresses some issues. Some say gimbal, compass then IMU. Others say the reverse. Not sure if calibration order is an issue here or not. Thanks much.
Mine has been doing the same thing since the 2nd week or so and has now started shutting the camera completely off even though I am flying and recording. I’ve probably had just 15 flights total and all of a sudden today for no reason I’m starting to get random flickering in my video feed when I’m not recording and when I am recording and I’m using the same card (the autel card) and the same settings as I have used in my previous flights.

I’m seriously considering getting rid of this clearly poorly built machine and just going with a DJI as it’s going to cost me my realty video business. I’m in a hot market with gorgeous mountain views and if I’m down for a week I won’t have any business to come back to, the DJI guys will have it because they’re flying!

I’m out here on a job right now and I’m completely fucked, so I have to go home and contact Autel support and from what I’ve read on here I’m not feeling very confident about that outcome.

I just had to be different and try this unproven company fml

Mine has been doing the same thing since the 2nd week or so and has now started shutting the camera completely off even though I am flying and recording. I’ve probably had just 15 flights total and all of a sudden today for no reason I’m starting to get random flickering in my video feed when I’m not recording and when I am recording and I’m using the same card (the autel card) and the same settings as I have used in my previous flights.

I’m seriously considering getting rid of this clearly poorly built machine and just going with a DJI as it’s going to cost me my realty video business. I’m in a hot market with gorgeous mountain views and if I’m down for a week I won’t have any business to come back to, the DJI guys will have it because they’re flying!

I’m out here on a job right now and I’m completely fucked, so I have to go home and contact Autel support and from what I’ve read on here I’m not feeling very confident about that outcome.

I just had to be different and try this unproven company fml
I would always have a backup drone for business or pleasure. I've had DJI, Autel, and the F11 Pro 4k act up at different times. Sometimes it is something I did or didn't do and other times the electronics go haywire until fixed by me or the company.

If you're looking for the perfect drone you will find them in the Unicorn Isle at Fantasy Island.

I do understand the frustration though since I've been through it with every drone I've owned at one time or another. I just want stuff to work with no drama.

I would always have a backup drone for business or pleasure. I've had DJI, Autel, and the F11 Pro 4k act up at different times. Sometimes it is something I did or didn't do and other times the electronics go haywire until fixed by me or the company.

If you're looking for the perfect drone you will find them in the Unicorn Isle at Fantasy Island.

I do understand the frustration though since I've been through it with every drone I've owned at one time or another. I just want stuff to work with no drama.
I would not complain if it was a year or two old with hundreds of hours of flight time, but I like I said it has had problems from the go and besides that Autel has been aware of the widespread gimbal issues since the last update and nothing.
I can fly it but I cannot use it to film without landing and restarting every 2-3 minutes. This is absolutely unacceptable especially for a product that cost as much as this one.

Reactions: Eagle928
I would not complain if it was a year or two old with hundreds of hours of flight time, but I like I said it has had problems from the go and besides that Autel has been aware of the widespread gimbal issues since the last update and nothing.
I can fly it but I cannot use it to film without landing and restarting every 2-3 minutes. This is absolutely unacceptable especially for a product that cost as much as this one.
I agree 100%. It is unacceptable. Did they tell you to send it in?

It makes you wonder every other drone made to include DJI does not have a problem with the gimbal. For reasons unknown only Autel can't seem to get it right, this has been going on since their release.

For the record this issue still exist years later, meaning it was never addressed.
Evo 2 Pro V3, same exact issue no matter what you do.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials