Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Copy Missions

Jarrod

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone shed some light on the two following issues?

Drone Autel Evo 2 8k V1

1. I used to be able to copy a mission then just change some parameters, when I copy the mission now it just takes me to a new mission. Anything Im missing here?
  2. When I try to open an old mission I also get taken to a new mission screen... I would like to fly the exact same mission as previously flown but at different altitudes. Can anyone shed light on how to do this

Reactions: GM Dave

Drone Autel Evo 2 8k V1

1. I used to be able to copy a mission then just change some parameters, when I copy the mission now it just takes me to a new mission. Anything Im missing here?
  2. When I try to open an old mission I also get taken to a new mission screen... I would like to fly the exact same mission as previously flown but at different altitudes. Can anyone shed light on how to do this
See I hope I can help. When you have the mission screen open down at the bottom you will see some icons the one on the left gets you get into the altitude, speed, camera setting, gambel degree, here you can change your setting without changing other things in your mission.

Drone Autel Evo 2 8k V1

After you copy the mission, exit out of missions
go back into mission, select the mission you copied
select edit mission, try to rename your mission, then try to save it
does that work? then exit that mission, see if it saved
Then go back into the mission and see if you can edit the mission
when in mission edit mode, are you able to change the mission parameters
are you able to change waypoint params?
Can you then save and are the changes saved?

Something I have noticed lately is sometimes after copying a mission, making changes to the mission settings, waypoint params, or camera settings, the poi's are dropped.

Hopefully one of these days (months or years), Autel will get around to adding some improved mission save, copy, export, import capabilities.

I can create new missions and copy them, it seems all my older missions settings and parameters have been deleted.
I can still see the old mission but when I open there is no flight grid or path??? Weird

I can create new missions and copy them, it seems all my older missions settings and parameters have been deleted.
I can still see the old mission but when I open there is no flight grid or path??? Weird
When you say you can create missions and copy them, assume you mean on a given device, as opposed to being able to copy the mission to a different device?

In your scenario, when you open the mission, are your POIs still there (if you had them)?

Have seen instances where existing missions loose some settings such as POIs when going into edit, when get a chance will see if can figure out the scenario that happens, presume its a bug with the newest firmware.

Here's something to try, make a copy of one of your missions. Go in and edit that copy of a mission, change its name and save it. Exit missions, go back into missions. Is the new/copied mission still there and intact? If so, now make a copy of that, save it, exit and exit missions. Now go back and see if you go into those copies if they change. What I have been seeing is at some point AE seems to get confused and starts to drop things like POIs or other items.

Yes copy missions on the same device as to keep the same flight paths but change some parameters such as Alt and speed etc.

In my scenario in my old missions when I open them they are completely cleared of everything. Its like there is a named folder there with nothing in it. I have just had to create new ones.

I have successfully copied missions, renamed them and have them remain... and I can still currently do this.

The issue is all my previous missions are now empty, I wonder if it happened during a firmware update??

Reactions: gschulzuio
Yes copy missions on the same device as to keep the same flight paths but change some parameters such as Alt and speed etc.

In my scenario in my old missions when I open them they are completely cleared of everything. Its like there is a named folder there with nothing in it. I have just had to create new ones.

I have successfully copied missions, renamed them and have them remain... and I can still currently do this.

The issue is all my previous missions are now empty, I wonder if it happened during a firmware update??
Interesting, ok, that makes sense, did you notice this happen after the most recent ap sw update by chance? Im seeing missions created before the app sw update that exist, however have also had some that lose things. Now in the habbit of creating a mission, then making copies, if something goes bad, settings change or get lost, then make a copy of the copy, work from there. Not a good solution, however a work around.

Since have not mentioned it yet this week, wish autel would add ability to save/export a mission with waypoint settings, waypoint actions, poi, etc that can then be used as a real backup, as well as for importing into another ae app/device pair.

Since have not mentioned it yet this week, wish autel would add ability to save/export a mission with waypoint settings, waypoint actions, poi, etc that can then be used as a real backup, as well as for importing into another ae app/device pair.
Agree, I would love to create missions on a larger tablet, but fly then from my phone

Reactions: gschulzuio
Agree, I would love to create missions on a larger tablet, but fly then from my phone
Yup,

Stretch goal = be like Litchi, Dronedeploy, etc, create online via web save, import to devices

Basic goal = create, edit, save/export from one device, import to another device w/o losing things

Side benefit(s)
create on larger tablet
fly on smaller device
give missions to others to fly
have backup copy on diff device (not a single point of failure)
not have to spend time recreate missions, or add waypoint actions & pois to imported kmls
have a more viable solution and reduce need to use litchi/dd/etc with DJI or other products

Reactions: Jarrod
I have a EVO II Ver 3. Has anyone been able to copy a Mission change some Parameters and save it under a new name.
I don't want to have to recreate the wheel if I just want to change a few things. It seems you should be able to do it, but I cannot figure it out.
If you try the change file name, it does it but overwrites the old one without creating new file. Seems simple enough, but maybe I am missing something.
Any Help is appreciated. Thanks

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy