Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Controller mounted on a trypod

rkyleh

Reaction score
My arthritis has really been bothering me lately and I have a problem holding the EVO controller with the Ipad. It is top heavy and it puts a strain on my hands. I have seen this on another forum. I took the camera attachment out of the trypod and removed the 1/4 inch bolt then using hot melt glue, glued the attachment to the back of the controller. By using this along with the photographers hood to cut the glare I can fly in perfect comfort. I prefer the controller for the XSP it is balanced better. l understand they made the EVO controller for the phones but some of use older gentlemen need the larger screens.

My arthritis has really been bothering me lately and I have a problem holding the EVO controller with the Ipad. It is top heavy and it puts a strain on my hands. I have seen this on another forum. I took the camera attachment out of the trypod and removed the 1/4 inch bolt then using hot melt glue, glued the attachment to the back of the controller. By using this along with the photographers hood to cut the glare I can fly in perfect comfort. I prefer the controller for the XSP it is balanced better. l understand they made the EVO controller for the phones but some of use older gentlemen need the larger screens.
Good job, rykleh…but I think I have improved it with this tilting, rotating EVO Command Chair with Anglepoise Controller and Monitor.

EVO command chair.png

The chair is lightweight and fits in most cars/vans. It affords these compelling benefits:

1. Banishes neck ache forever as the reclining position enables LOS to be maintained without moving your head.

2. Soothes aching knees and backs.

3. No more dizzy spells.

4. Eradicates screen glare as the monitor can always be pointed away from the sun.

5. Low-profile pilot less susceptible to wind buffeting.

6. Ensures an even, all-over tan.

7. Anything dropped falls softly into pilot's lap.

8. The ground provides a convenient drinks/food stand.

9. Tired pilots can take a nap without moving.

10. Remote control swivel and tilt available in premium model.

Shipping now - or build your own from this and this.

Or go for the budget option. Just replace the sunshade fabric with a sheet of clear plastic and stick your controller and iPad onto it with Velcro.

Last edited:
Good job, rykleh…but I think I have improved it with this tilting, rotating EVO Command Chair with Anglepoise Controller and Monitor.

View attachment 2837

The chair is lightweight and fits in most cars/vans. It affords these compelling benefits:

1. Banishes neck ache forever as the reclining position enables LOS to be maintained without moving your head.

2. Soothes aching knees and backs.

3. No more dizzy spells.

4. Eradicates screen glare as the monitor can always be pointed away from the sun.

5. Low-profile pilot less susceptible to wind buffeting.

6. Ensures an even, all-over tan.

7. Anything dropped falls softly into pilot's lap.

8. The ground provides a convenient drinks/food stand.

9. Tired pilots can take a nap without moving.

10. Remote control swivel and tilt available in premium model.

Shipping now - or build your own from this and this.

Or go for the budget option. Just replace the sunshade fabric with a sheet of clear plastic and stick your controller and iPad onto it with Velcro.
Now that looks like my cup of tea. I want the new improved model where the Anglepoise mounts to the arm of the chair and with remote control battery operated 360 degree swivel and integrated snack tray. If your going to do it may as well go whole Hog!!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials