Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Controller is already broken

Philipandrews

Reaction score
I have to say I am very unimpressed with the build quality of the controller. The upper pad that holds the phone into the bracket has come off at some point and now my phone continuously tries to slip out of the bracket. Also the right antenna has snapped its tabs that hold it onto the body of the controller. I have not dropped the controller at all, it goes from the case to my hands and thats it.

I am not rough on it either. When I contacted autel about sending out a replacement they requested that I send both the controller and aircraft in. I am at a loss for why this is necessary. I need this for my business. I have a backup XSP but the quality of images cannot compete with the evo ii pro. I just can't understand the reasoning by needed to send back the entire system.

Yes pretty frustrating having the controller break so soon. I am surprised to hear about the antenna problem though. I had heard they had beefed up the antenna's so they would crack or break but I guess there is still a problem.
I am just guessing the want both as a precautionary move on their part to check out the whole system for defects before send it back out the customer. Just a guess. Like you said seems pretty silly but they have been doing this from day one.

I am not rough on it either. When I contacted autel about sending out a replacement they requested that I send both the controller and aircraft in. I am at a loss for why this is necessary. I need this for my business. I have a backup XSP but the quality of images cannot compete with the evo ii pro. I just can't understand the reasoning by needed to send back the entire system.

Plus it cost more to ship it back with the aircraft and risks shipping damage to the craft. Just plain stupid!

They have always asked for both units when doing a controller repair. We have all asked why and got no where. Both issues are common.

Reactions: Andrew01
Yeah, the bracket on my controller broke off pretty quickly ... I thought it was as simple as screwing it back in- but it seems like the screw hole is stripped now... ugh. It's defintely really awkward to use with my phone not secured to the controller.

Just send them the controller... they dont need your bird- that is weird.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN