Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Coaching Mode

yesterday was my birthday - I forgot to mention that - maybe someone would have given me a nifty extra remote. hahaha

nah, I do not think they are that expensive.

1553762755159.png

Of course, I have more questions than answers now --- I would assume only the one actually piloting will need a smartphone attached? I missed this in the video... Otherwise nice video from Autel as always -- it's informative.

And thinking of another use : Can this be used legitimately to legitimately extend your flight range? One pilot control it until out of sight -- the other pilot be in the next site/sight position and take control from there? I've read the rules/requirements about spotters being using to extend flights... would these apply here?

Here is what I wrote to Autel Robotics. And waiting for an answer.

I have an EVO and I bought a second controller. I installed the new firmware package V1.3.46 on my drone with the new controller. He connected to the first try, and worked very well. Then I tried my original controller, which is on the firmware version V1.3.3.25, but can not connect with the Drone. I did the pairing method described on your site. Really impossible to connect with the drone. How can I connect my original controller to run Coaching mode?

Thank you for answering me.
MD Automation (Canada)

Here is what I wrote to Autel Robotics. And waiting for an answer.

I have an EVO and I bought a second controller. I installed the new firmware package V1.3.46 on my drone with the new controller. He connected to the first try, and worked very well. Then I tried my original controller, which is on the firmware version V1.3.3.25, but can not connect with the Drone. I did the pairing method described on your site. Really impossible to connect with the drone. How can I connect my original controller to run Coaching mode?

Thank you for answering me.
MD Automation (Canada)

I think a simple download of the current firmware - to the flash card - inserted in the Evo - will do the trick. But if it is acting like it will not pair the old controller anymore -- that's a good one! I would make sure the new one is off. Try to pair again before doing the flash card update method?

When the Evo powers up -- it should then see this update and update your controller.

My controller always has a "bug" and claims to fail OTA updates for the RC.player (controller). This always updates my controller without issue - as I always make sure the firmware took -- by doing as I just described -- when I've updated my Evo.

Link to current firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/53x8kuqtzohg6q8/EVO_FW_V1.3.46.bin?dl=1

Edit - Unless you can put the update file on a USB drive and put it in the controller itself (big USB port) to run the update?

Reactions: MD Automation
I think a simple download of the current firmware - to the flash card - inserted in the Evo - will do the trick. But if it is acting like it will not pair the old controller anymore -- that's a good one! I would make sure the new one is off. Try to pair again before doing the flash card update method?

When the Evo powers up -- it should then see this update and update your controller.

My controller always has a "bug" and claims to fail OTA updates for the RC.player (controller). This always updates my controller without issue - as I always make sure the firmware took -- by doing as I just described -- when I've updated my Evo.

Link to current firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/53x8kuqtzohg6q8/EVO_FW_V1.3.46.bin?dl=1

Edit - Unless you can put the update file on a USB drive and put it in the controller itself (big USB port) to run the update?

Here is the answer from Autel Robotics, and it works very well.
Thank you for reaching out to us at Autel Robotics Support. You will have to manually update your remote controller:

- You will need a USB memory drive or USB SD card adapter
- Head to www.auteldrones.com and go to the Support tab on the left hand side
- Download the newest Evo firmware (v1.3.46)
- Copy the firmware file onto that USB memory drive or USD SD card adapter
- Plug that USB Memory Drive or USB SD card adapter into the remote controller having issue binding
- Power on the RC and let it go through the update process (~5 minutes)

If you have any issues or questions about this process let me know!

Best

Alejandro R.

Customer Support
AUTEL ROBOTICS

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials