Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Choices...

Chad80

Reaction score
I have a choice to make between the Mavic 2 Pro and the Autel Evo 2 Pro. I know this is on the Autel forum but I wanted to get some advice on it. I had a posting on another forum and that led it down to these 2 drones.

I'll be using it for Real Estate, Events, Inspections and Mapping. I know neither has RTK for mapping but I read they both can do it. Eventually I will be going into a M2EA or M200/210 as I progress more into Mapping and Inspections.

Which would be the better choice?

Thanks

My take ,
I had a Mavic air 2 to test and it was great flying it, however the sensor wasn't up to low light tasks, ( I shoot architecture and twilight is the sexy hour), the Mavic pro 2 though it does have a 1" sensor its older than the EVO 2 pro, and we all know how technology moves.
I could have gotten the older tech, but I was worried that DJI might come out with a newer version, just my luck, or get the EVO.

I got the EVO and not in the least bit unhappy with my purchase.
Albany-0042-Edit2.jpg
I think DJI is waiting for the FAA to finalize their newest regs on remote id before they put out a new drone.

I have a choice to make between the Mavic 2 Pro and the Autel Evo 2 Pro. I know this is on the Autel forum but I wanted to get some advice on it. I had a posting on another forum and that led it down to these 2 drones.

I'll be using it for Real Estate, Events, Inspections and Mapping. I know neither has RTK for mapping but I read they both can do it. Eventually I will be going into a M2EA or M200/210 as I progress more into Mapping and Inspections.

Thanks

I recommend that you read my thread on my user experience coming from the DJI world.

Autel EVO II Pro - User Experience from a DJI User

My take ,
I had a Mavic air 2 to test and it was great flying it, however the sensor wasn't up to low light tasks, ( I shoot architecture and twilight is the sexy hour), the Mavic pro 2 though it does have a 1" sensor its older than the EVO 2 pro, and we all know how technology moves.
I could have gotten the older tech, but I was worried that DJI might come out with a newer version, just my luck, or get the EVO.

I got the EVO and not in the least bit unhappy with my purchase.
View attachment 10105
I think DJI is waiting for the FAA to finalize their newest regs on remote id before they put out a new drone.
nice pic! I don't think dji is waiting and they will probably launch 3 drones in 2021 before the faa can agree on anything.

Thanks
Simple answer, get an Autel E2P.

That is coming from someone who has several DJI (Mavics, Phantoms) and Autel E2P used for Real Estate, Events, Inspections, Mapping and other outdoor activity as well as flying indoors.

I looked at adding one of the higher end newer Mavics, also looked at Inspires & M2xx for their interchange sensor/cameras and decided to go the E2P route. One of the features that helped move to the E2P is the ability to swap sensors/cameras similar to on the Inspires/M2xx's.

The E2P has been a great addition to the fleet and since adding late last year with a couple of hundred missions flown. For certain missions DJI P4P is still my goto, however E2P has been picking up more of the workload from the P4P, as well as from the mavics.

The biggest downside for me with the Autel has been lack of Litchi & DroneDeploy support meaning I cant run my recurring missions with the E2P yet. Likewise the Autel mission explorer has some room for improvement such as saving/exporting missions across app devices, however is getting better. Another shortcoming where I still need to use a DJI is for some clients/missions that need a 360 pano. Granted there are some workarounds that are getting easier to do a waypoint missions for 360, however not as easy as with DJI Go4 or Litchi or DD.

So that was the simple, and long answer.

Simple answer, get an Autel E2P.

That is coming from someone who has several DJI (Mavics, Phantoms) and Autel E2P used for Real Estate, Events, Inspections, Mapping and other outdoor activity as well as flying indoors.

I looked at adding one of the higher end newer Mavics, also looked at Inspires & M2xx for their interchange sensor/cameras and decided to go the E2P route. One of the features that helped move to the E2P is the ability to swap sensors/cameras similar to on the Inspires/M2xx's.

The E2P has been a great addition to the fleet and since adding late last year with a couple of hundred missions flown. For certain missions DJI P4P is still my goto, however E2P has been picking up more of the workload from the P4P, as well as from the mavics.

The biggest downside for me with the Autel has been lack of Litchi & DroneDeploy support meaning I cant run my recurring missions with the E2P yet. Likewise the Autel mission explorer has some room for improvement such as saving/exporting missions across app devices, however is getting better. Another shortcoming where I still need to use a DJI is for some clients/missions that need a 360 pano. Granted there are some workarounds that are getting easier to do a waypoint missions for 360, however not as easy as with DJI Go4 or Litchi or DD.

So that was the simple, and long answer.
Thanks for that great answer! I bought a E2P today, I'm going to open it tonight and check it out. I can't wait until tomorrow, weather permitting and see it fly.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Thanks for that great answer! I bought a E2P today, I'm going to open it tonight and check it out. I can't wait until tomorrow, weather permitting and see it fly.
No worries and enjoy your E2P. Coming from Mavics & Phantoms, there was some adjustments and getting used to. However with more flights and tweaking of settings, you should start to see the E2Ps full potential. Couple of tips, turn on the belly strobe before you take off as it will help make seeing it easier once in the air. Second, adjust your low battery settings and be aware how the aircraft will behave once you get to critical low battery. It can be a bit of a surprise if you get to critical low battery and the aircraft starts to land where it is at, just plan ahead and be aware. Good luck...

No worries and enjoy your E2P. Coming from Mavics & Phantoms, there was some adjustments and getting used to. However with more flights and tweaking of settings, you should start to see the E2Ps full potential. Couple of tips, turn on the belly strobe before you take off as it will help make seeing it easier once in the air. Second, adjust your low battery settings and be aware how the aircraft will behave once you get to critical low battery. It can be a bit of a surprise if you get to critical low battery and the aircraft starts to land where it is at, just plan ahead and be aware. Good luck...
I am so glad you mentioned about the critical battery warning, I have read and seen on YouTube what happens when it does it in the wrong place.

Thank you again

I am so glad you mentioned about the critical battery warning, I have read and seen on YouTube what happens when it does it in the wrong place.

Thank you again
No worries, easiest is to experience it, have the aircraft near where you are, then see how it behaves, and how you interact with it.

Thanks
I have the Mavic Pro and I enjoy flying it! It was the first and only drone I've had for the past 4 years but I would never buy another DJI drone. Within the first few months of ownership I cannot update the software or I will not be able to fly because of a pixelating screen. I have had to retain an older version to get off the ground. Actually, to summarize my feelings about DJI here is a cut&paste complaint I have seen on a drone forum:

"Returned the Mavic 2 Pro after all the DJI shenanigans (no fly zones, forced update that will prevent you from flying for 30+ minutes, crappy service, data mining, unstable Android app, misleading marketing about the 1 inch sensor, etc...) and got the Evo. After a few flights, I'm super impressed. The EVO feels very well built, it's easy to use, as stable as a tripod in the sky, video quality is actually on par with M2P, better in some conditions, and can't beat 4k 60fps (which no other drone this size can do), very quiet (about half the noise as the Mavic Air), OLED screen on the controller, ready to fly in under 5 seconds, AND 2/3rd of the price of the M2P!"

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials