Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Charging an evo battery in my truck

fpt

Reaction score
The weather lately has been terrible either raining drizzling or threatening to for weeks. This afternoon the sky started to brighten and I sensed a chance to go out for a flight. Problem was both of my batteries were around 50% and I didn't want to sit and wait for a charge. You know, a watched pot never boils.

Then it occurred to me that my new Ridgeline has an electrical outlet in the bed. Maybe I could top off a battery while I drove to my destination. I didn't know if it would work but this seemed like a good time to find out.

I plugged the charger in with the truck running and sure enough the battery lights lit up. When I arrived at my destination I had a 99% charge and took the evo up for a spin. All went well. The bed outlet provides 115 volts with 400 watts in park and 150 watts otherwise.

So when your car is stationary it produces 400 watts with the electrical wires installed? Won't they melt from overheating? Where is the inverter situated in your truck? 150w is the standard for cars.

So when your car is stationary it produces 400 watts with the electrical wires installed? Won't they melt from overheating? Where is the inverter situated in your truck? 150w is the standard for cars.
I don't know how it works, just that it works.
20190504_164222907_iOS.jpg

That's good stuff! I have an outlet in my Yukon as well as an inverter I could plug in. Hmmmm.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blindhout