Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

CHANGE -- Autel response time

Personally I think Autel is blowing it BIG TIME.

Here is an opportunity to show the drone community what customer service is all about. To stand by their word on great service. Their management team should have made sure that there was plenty support staff to handle inquiries, sales and support. Just because you want to be at CES doesn't mean you shut down your organization. That's just bad management, pure and simple.

I despise DJI, not for their products but the lack of customer service. That's why I would never buy from them. Autel releases the word about the EVO and doesn't expect to get lots of inquiries? Come on, to say we were all at CES is just a lame excuse.

They should have prepared. They're not new to business. Right now they're a dormant company in my book. If you go to their website and you can't buy a drone! Wth!! It was only a day or so ago that you could buy batteries again. It's been this way since before the holidays. No reason, no communication, nothing.if they're not planning on bring back the x star then Jusus!! Just say so.

A website is a platform to keep existing and potential customers informed. There is no thanks for your interest on our EVO. No way to have them alert anyone of wanting to buy an EVO. No dates as to when they'll have ANY product back in stock. It's pure silence. That means that their marketing director needs to be fired. We got more information from YouTubers visiting their booth than from their website. They're so screwed up that they couldn't even get their website to work. Don't believe me? Try this link:
https://autelrobotics.com

Their webmaster is so lame he didn't even bother to make sure their SSL certificate works without adding the www.

How do I know, the link came from cnet. Can you just imagine how many people followed that default link and got to bad url and never came back? It's this type of incopetance that not even excusable. Its called the basics of being a webmaster. To check your links. If fact i reported to them 2 weeks ago and still not fixed. It would take all of 30 seconds. Just imagine if someone found a firmware glitch! If they can't fix their own website, even when it's brought to their attention, how do you think their response time to a malfunctioning app?

They missed a great opportunity to capture the interest of a lot of existing and potential new drone owners. When the news of the EVO was released, they should have capitalized on it. Instead everyone who went to their website saw how incompent they were. Again, they missed a huge opportunity to let everyone know what was going on, but they failed miserably.

I hope they get their act together. If they want to boast about great customer service, then put your money where your mouth is. Don't say we will do something and don't like responding in 24 hours. If you can't do it, then don't say it. And for anyone thinking that no one provides good customer service, and that's just to be expected, then you're a moron. I know plenty of companies that still believe in customer support and stay true to their word.

I hope the new EVO comes to fruition and leaves DJI wondering "what the hell just happened" but Autel will never make a dent by keeping their core supporters and everyone else in the dark.

On a recent trip to a Best Buy the salesman said not to buy the X Star because rumor has it they laid off a lot of employees are probably going out of business. Again, wth? Where is the rep from Autel that's suppose to be visiting these stores on a weekly basis to update their staff?

Where is the damage control from Autel? Where is their PR manager? Oh yeah, he's trying to book a show at the Balagio or they fired him as well. Come on Autel get your act together!!!!

I hope someone from Autel actually reads this. I've emailed them twice with no response. That's a real shame that their management team is so out of touch. Again, they missed a huge opportunity all because of bad management. That's the scary part. If this is how they think they should run a business, they're already doomed. Great bird or not.

Why did I write all of this? Because I hate DJI and want Autel to get their act together. Otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered. 3DR blew it, GoPro blew it and now the last US based drone company who has a chance of sticking it to DJI is on the same waypoint.

One last thing...I don't even own a drone. I'm just a potential customer. Think about that for a moment.

Last edited:
Personally I think Autel is blowing it BIG TIME.

Here is an opportunity to show the drone community what customer service is all about. To stand by their word on great service. Their management team should have made sure that there was plenty support staff to handle inquiries, sales and support. Just because you want to be at CES doesn't mean you shut down your organization. That's just bad management, pure and simple.

I despise DJI, not for their products but the lack of customer service. That's why I would never buy from them. Autel releases the word about the EVO and doesn't expect to get lots of inquiries? Come on, to say we were all at CES is just a lame excuse.

They should have prepared. They're not new to business. Right now they're a dormant company in my book. If you go to their website and you can't buy a drone! Wth!! It was only a day or so ago that you could buy batteries again. It's been this way since before the holidays. No reason, no communication, nothing.if they're not planning on bring back the x star then Jusus!! Just say so.

A website is a platform to keep existing and potential customers informed. There is no thanks for your interest on our EVO. No way to have them alert anyone of wanting to buy an EVO. No dates as to when they'll have ANY product back in stock. It's pure silence. That means that their marketing director needs to be fired. We got more information from YouTubers visiting their booth than from their website. They're so screwed up that they couldn't even get their website to work. Don't believe me? Try this link:
https://autelrobotics.com

Their webmaster is so lame he didn't even bother to make sure their SSL certificate works without adding the www.

How do I know, the link came from cnet. Can you just imagine how many people followed that default link and got to bad url and never came back? It's this type of incopetance that not even excusable.

They missed a great opportunity to capture the interest of a lot of existing and potential new drone owners. When the news of the EVO was released, they should have capitalized on it. Instead everyone who went to their website saw how incompent they were. Again, they missed a huge opportunity to let everyone know what was going on, but they failed miserably.

I hope they get their act together. If they want to boast about great customer service, then put your money where your mouth is. Don't say we will do something and don't like responding in 24 hours. If you can't do it, then don't say it. And for anyone thinking that no one provides good customer service, and that's just to be expected, then you're a moron. I know plenty of companies that still believe in customer support and stay true to their word.

I hope the new EVO comes to fruition and leaves DJI wondering "what the hell just happened" but Autel will never make a dent by keeping their core supporters and everyone else in the dark.

On a recent trip to a Best Buy the salesman said not to buy the X Star because rumor has it they laid off a lot of employees are probably going out of business. Again, wth? Where is the rep from Autel that's suppose to be visiting these stores on a weekly basis to update their staff?

Where is the damage control from Autel? Where is their PR manager? Oh yeah, he's trying to book a show at the Balagio or they fired him as well. Come on Autel get your act together!!!!

I hope someone from Autel actually reads this. I've emailed them twice with no response. That's a real shame that their management team is so out of touch. Again, they missed a huge opportunity all because of bad management. That's the scary part. If this is how they think they should run a business, they're already doomed. Great bird or not.

Why did I write all of this? Because I hate DJI and want Autel to get their act together. Otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered. 3DR blew it, GoPro blew it and now the last US based drone company who has a chance of sticking it to DJI is on the same waypoint.

One last thing...I don't even own a drone. I'm just a potential customer. Think about that for a moment.

I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think you have a general idea of what it takes to run a business. Specifically a tech business, in competition with another company that owns roughly 70 percent of the market share. They aren't gonna plaster all over the website that they are discontinuing a generally loved product. Car companies don't do it. Airlines don't do it. In almost any sector it can be observed. I actually spoke to Autel yesterday about the future of the XSP and was pleased with the answer.

I like when people say "they should've been prepared'. People generally have no idea of the resources involved. You have a set amount of employees, you want to take an opportunity to show your product off at the biggest tech show in the united states. Well you aren't gonna hire a bunch of goons to "man the phones" that's bad business and unnecessary capital expenditure. I am employed by a company that made their name on customer service, it's our bread and butter, but to think we answer every email and call by the expected timeframe is just impossible and frankly, ludicrous. The proof is in the pudding, the company says it has the customer service, it's the customers that say it's great.

As for your experience as best buy. Let that go, you outta know better than to listen to "water cooler talk" from the 10 dollars an hour big box employee. If thinking that companies send weekly reps to big box stores are a thing, that's equally as moronic as you're aforementioned idea of what moronic is.

I'm at the end of your post and I'm struggling to find validity here.

1.) I emailed Autel yesterday and got a reply within 3 hours.

2.) Autel is not us based.

You may be passionate about Autel and your desire for them sticking it to DJI, however, two words come to mind after reading this....overly critical.

Respectfully of course.

How did you order the EVO? It's not available yet. Are you just trolling us?
Ummm, you just joined today, and you are attacking a well established member by calling me a troll?! Not a good way to win friends and influence people.

"Overly Critical..."
Perhaps, but I would love to see them carry the momentum they've created and take over that 70%. My personality is such that I dare you to tell me it can't be done. It all starts with putting yourself in your customer or potential customer's position and always ask "what could we as a company, do better?.. and "Are we listening to our customer's needs?". From a business standpoint, our company provides technical support for the most popular service on the planet. If we can do it, so can Autel. They just have to wake up each morning and strive to be the best company they can. It's really not that difficult. If you treat your customers right, it will come back to you 10 thousand fold. Trust me on this. And that holds true for any company.

Again, if I didn't think they had the potential, I never would have even bothered with the post. I respectfully disagree with your other comments as well. It reminds me of a couple sayings where their was doubt or worse yet excuses.

"Failure is NOT an option!" - Apollo 13
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

Search Results

While it may be Chinese product, I suggest you go read this:
About Us | Autel Robotics

I just want them to succeed without the excuses. It can be done. They've worked extremely hard to get where they are thus far.

Oh and about them advertising the X Star and say "out of stock" even since xmas is a marketing screw up on enormous scale. All they've done by not telling us when they'll be back in stock or if they'll ever be back in stock, is to create questions and doubt. They are a drone company where you can't buy a drone. Let that sink in for a minute. It gives a potential buyer an uneasy feeling. Trust me on this since I'm one of the many who wanted to buy one. All they have to do is poop or get off the pot. Just be honest with your customers or visitors and let us know. Think about the sheer number or people that learned about the upcoming EVO and showed interest. The whole point of being at CES was to show off the EVO. To build the buzz and to create momentum. What they should have done was to give those interested a way to stay interested. To allow potential customers to sign up for news, early buying discounts and more. Instead, they allowed DJI to steal their thunder with the Mavic Air. They failed to capitalize on a great opportunity and to this day, continue to do so. Autel, are you listening?

How did you order the EVO? It's not available yet. Are you just trolling us?
You can reserve a pre-order for the Autel EVO from CarolinaDronz.com for $75 and be sent an invoice for the remaining expected $925 when they are ready to ship.

Ummm, you just joined today, and you are attacking a well established member by calling me a troll?! Not a good way to win friends and influence people.

Not an attack. Just frustrated as hell. I just want them to wake up.

Wow, you guys set me straight; thanks. My expectations were based off the email I received from Autel ; "A support representative will be reviewing your request, and will send you a personal response (usually within 24 hours)". Pretty clear statement. I gave them an extra 48 hours before posting, and still nothing (78 hours and counting). But that's OK, my need was nothing important, but here's what I would of expected: The return email back to me would of said something like: "We are all at CES this week and this will delay any communications back for 3 days", or 5 days, or whatever number they want to put in there. This sets my expectation. My expectation was 24 hours based on Autel's information - not something I made up. I have no idea what size company Autel is, but based on other posts within this forum, prior expectations / products have not materialized. These are not my words, but words based on historical information from existing customers on this forum. This was one data point for me - existing customers posts on this forum. I needed to see for myself, so I sent them and email stating I was thinking of their products and had concerns. No response back. I keep trying to find a reason to purchase the EVO, but keep running into walls. Earlier today I learned from pilots that post there I should not expect any new information on the EVO until June. This was not my expectation based on what I saw on YouTube videos from CES. But, hey, now I know - I'm not expecting any new factual news until the June time frame, maybe later. Why didn't Autel just state this for all of us to read? Then we know what to expect.

It seems, based on an above post, DJI will not be responsive either. I have no idea, but one person gave me their opinion. I have had no reason to call either company - but rely on what I read from past customers. I do think one of the above posts may be right, I may not be a customer for Autel, and perhaps not for DJI either. These are expensive drones at $1000 - and paying this for something that I consider a toy / hobby (as I do my planes and helicopters) is a difficult decision for me. I don't plan to make a living flying a drone, just have fun with it. I do want a company that values all customers, and does what it says, and perhaps I won't find a company like this in the Drone market. And that will be OK - I'll save $1000+ and continue with my current hobbies. I'll keep looking though.

I just expected (hoped for) more from Autel.
DJI has improved over the years and they hype that was true a year ago is no longer true. In fact, I personally had a bad battery as part of a kit I bought. I used the online chat and in about 7 minutes I had the forms to fill out and I sent them back. They sent me several emails updating me within an hour after my chat. A few days later I was unboxing my new battery. Super easy & simple.

A couple of observations...
  • Why do you hate a company if you have never tried their products? I can tell you from personal experience and from other friends that DJI customer service has gotten much better over the years and is quick & simple.
  • Autel is not a US based company, they have a US based location, but so does DJI & others. They are a Chinese company, Autel Robotics, and they are part of Autel. I own one of their automotive scanners. There are no large commercial US based drone companies. 3DR is an American & Mexican company. As of last summer 3DR has partnered with DJI to provide them with site-scanning software.
  • as a potential customer, DJI and possibly Yuneec should be on your short list. DJI has by far the most options and the most 3rd party apps. Also, parts for DJI's are easy to procure, even on models that are several years old.

He asked a valid question, no need to get twisted. Autel is not taking pre-orders, so these so-called pre-orders are not authorized by Autel. They are just stores making a list of interested people and charging a deposit so if it actually comes to market you will be one of the first to get one. As far as anyone knows they only had the prototypes they showed at CES and nothing in production. Maybe they actually have some and are keeping it under wraps. I hope they can pull this off. If they can produce it before all the tech gets old I would buy one.

Reactions: Nicbo
I'm starting to wonder if Autel might be working on an XSP 2, but just didn't mention it at CES? I don't think DJI mentioned anything about a Phantom 5 Standerd ether?

I do think the EVO will be pretty sweet, I just don't know if I'm ready for a folding drone yet. The Typhoon H Plus looks pretty tempting, but who knows when that will see the light?

He asked a valid question, no need to get twisted.
Asking if I am a "troll" most certainly IS NOT a "valid question". WTF?! Are YOU just trolling us? Valid question, don't "get twisted". :rolleyes:

Just wanted to pass along my very first experience with Autel CS for resolving a technical issue (all of my previous contacts have been simply to get information).

I noticed recently that two of my six batteries are beginning to have "swelling" issues. Yesterday afternoon I sent pictures of the batteries and screen shots of the battery status screens, along with my receipts, to customer service.

28 minutes later I received an email saying they would be replacing the batteries under warranty, and would just need my shipping info.

22 minutes after sending in my shipping info, I received an Order Confirmation from the Autel Store showing 2 batteries had been ordered.

7 minutes after receiving the Order Confirmation I received a follow-up email from CS saying the batteries would be shipping today or Monday.

And that, in a nutshell, is what I chose Autel in the first place, and why I will be sticking with them as long as they are in the drone business, which will hopefully be a very long time:)

Reactions: Squirrel! and KentA
anyone look at GDU and the Byrd....its out there, foldable, removable gimble, but I dont see any accessories yet...

GDU Official Website - GDU Byrd Specs
Hello,
I called GDU to ask for O2+ release date and where to find spare parts such as batteries and propellers for both O2s, i've got an answer quickly, but no info appart from "wait and see".
As for Autel support, i must admit the answer to my questions came back pretty quickly as well, maybe 1 to 2 hours after I sent them an email. But the content was also blurry. Except for the NFZ question which I had a real tech answering as "yes" or "no", other questions did not get answers other than "stay tunes on facebook, twitter and instagram", even after telling them I do not have and do not wish to have such "social tools".
So i ended up creating my own alerts in google, maybe I will get some infos if applicable.
It seems all those companies are good on the tech side, but very bad with marketting.
I work as a field service engineer, we provide 24/7 service and we need to give 100% satisfaction to our customers, this is not an "option", whoever the customer is. I think it is a big mistake, as many of us pointed out, to leave potential customers in the fog, not giving answers to easy questions such as "release date", "full specs", "where to purchase", "price range", "spare parts price, availability and retailers", etc etc..
I also found a pity that a company who gets a lot of support from worldwide customers, doesn't make a kind of "affiliate program", for early adopters, with special prices; special combos, special attentions for those faithful clients, and if it is only a question of money, launch official pre-orders to make sure you have a minimum customers base before going to production. These are the basics of bait marketting, when you don't really manage the time frame, but want to keep interest in your coming products.
I do not understand how they can make it right in such a furious drone business race, when facing the mastodonts as DJI can be.

Interesting but at $1000 and only shoots a maximum of 4K 30fps... not gonna cut it. They also have a new Mavic like drone with slide out legs that cost less.
GUD O2 can be found for 749usd on banggood, with a 10%coupon for first order, so it would be 674,1usd incl sh&h for the drone with remote controller and spare props. I almost ordered it, but finally hanged because GDU did not give me any infos about spare batteries availability and retailers, and the wifi range too short. The O2+ should solve this issue with a 4+Miles extended range, and by this time, manufacturer will probably have solved the spare parts issues.

GUD O2 can be found for 749usd on banggood, with a 10%coupon for first order, so it would be 674,1usd incl sh&h for the drone with remote controller and spare props. I almost ordered it, but finally hanged because GDU did not give me any infos about spare batteries availability and retailers, and the wifi range too short. The O2+ should solve this issue with a 4+Miles extended range, and by this time, manufacturer will probably have solved the spare parts issues.
I think I am done buying the 'unknown'. I will stick to manufacturers that make it successfully past the first series.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill