Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

CES 2019 is coming up

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Can't wait to see if the long wait is over for the EVO 1" sensor and if it will be on display at CES 2019. Hopefully it is so I can become a reborn Evo-ngelist like so many others.
Guess we will know on Jan 8th

Opera Snapshot_2019-01-02_113308_ces19.mapyourshow.com.png

Reactions: Tufargon
Can't wait to see if the long wait is over for the EVO 1" sensor and if it will be on display at CES 2019. Hopefully it is so I can become a reborn Evo-ngelist like so many others.
Guess we will know on Jan 8th

View attachment 3206

I doubt they will. The Evo has only been out 6 months. While I suspect we will see a 1-inch version soon, i think they learned to not show off something that is not going to be released in the coming weeks or month. Rereading some of the old posts, as a group we were a very impatient bunch.

I love my Evo and am fine with 6-months to a year for the next model. Momma might have issues if I buy another one too soon. Four new UAVs in 12-months may indicate a problem...

Reactions: Bulldoggboyz
I doubt they will. The Evo has only been out 6 months. While I suspect we will see a 1-inch version soon, i think they learned to not show off something that is not going to be released in the coming weeks or month. Rereading some of the old posts, as a group we were a very impatient bunch.

I love my Evo and am fine with 6-months to a year for the next model. Momma might have issues if I buy another one too soon. Four new UAVs in 12-months may indicate a problem...

In the last 12 months I’ve bought (in this order) two sparks (sold one), two Airs (sold one), 4 Typhoon H’s (sold 3), an Evo and a Karma. The multiple purchases (of a given type) were because of the deal I got to turn around and sell. The Typhoon ended up being free, and the spark and the air I got for about 60% of retail cost.

In the last 12 months I’ve bought (in this order) two sparks (sold one), two Airs (sold one), 4 Typhoon H’s (sold 3), an Evo and a Karma. The multiple purchases (of a given type) were because of the deal I got to turn around and sell. The Typhoon ended up being free, and the spark and the air I got for about 60% of retail cost.

My problem is I love each one so I haven’t sold them. They just get flown at different occasions. My P4P is the one I am sad about the most as it takes amazing videos/photos but is too clunky to grab and go. My P3A and Standard were banished and really need to find a new home. My closet can’t hold the Phantoms, Air, Evo, and Spark and my cloths. Finally sold my Bebop. While I really enjoyed it as my first “drone” the original skycontroller was just laughable in size.

You bought one of the worst drones. The karma is a nope. These drones have a tendency of shutting down in mid air. Best of luck to you with the karma.

You bought one of the worst drones. The karma is a nope. These drones have a tendency of shutting down in mid air. Best of luck to you with the karma.

Oh, I know that. The Karma was purchased solely for the grip and the GoPro 6. The actual drone part of it was just a bonus. The funny thing (not in a ha ha way) is that there are things I really do like about the Karma. I love the compact, clamshell controller. I love being able to do timelapse (great for orbits and fly-bys) in camera requiring no post processing. However, even without the threat of just dropping out of the sky there are several not ready for prime time issues with it. The range is absolute garbage and complete absence of sensors is ridiculous in what was originally marketed as a Mavic Pro competitor (ha).

I probably will sell the drone part of it and just keep the grip and the GoPro.

Reactions: macoman
I'd love to go to CES at least once in my life. I hope Autel is able to survive between those two!

Reactions: macoman
Didn't think about it that way! I hope they have something pretty spectacular! I'd love to see someone give DJI some good competition.

They definitely have something or they wouldn't be investing $100k or whatever in the show stand, travel, hotels, etc. I wish them well and I hope they do announce that 1" sensor since there will be some flak if they don't.

I'd love to go to CES at least once in my life. I hope Autel is able to survive between those two!
Yuneec is not very innovative these days. They still haven't put out a portable drone with good image quality.

I really just want to see signs that Autel are at least surviving, and hopefully prospering to the point here they can afford to commit to more capital expenditure in developing into a global business.

I would be really happy with just a car charger and confirmation of expansion into Europe. If they also launch a new drone then they must be doing better than I hoped for.

On the Breeze and Mantis, even pictures will not be that great because of fisheye and tilted horizon because of lack of gimbal.

I have the original Typhoon H and the pics are fine. Surprised that the image quality on the H plus is as bad as I've heard. I really like the H, but the range on it is terrible. Fun to fly and the image quality is great. Lately I've been taking two drones out every time I fly. It's always the Evo and then I rotate the Air, Typhoon, and the Karma. The Spark sits in its corner by itself and cries.

I have the original Typhoon H and the pics are fine. Surprised that the image quality on the H plus is as bad as I've heard. I really like the H, but the range on it is terrible. Fun to fly and the image quality is great. Lately I've been taking two drones out every time I fly. It's always the Evo and then I rotate the Air, Typhoon, and the Karma. The Spark sits in its corner by itself and cries.
How about the new typhoon h plus? The one with the 1 inch sensor. It's the range still terrible?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials