Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

can't decide

devilonmyback

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy used, either a Phantom 3 Pro or the Autel orange. Each kit is complete with all the bits and pieces. The Phantom comes with 3 batts, and the Autel with 4 batts. Each kit is right around $700 with light use. I'm conflicted as to which to buy. Its my first real drone, I've flown a Hubsan before.

Thanks

I'm sure everyone has his own opinion, but here's why I bought an Autel, new open box for $699. Customer service and quality. I was familiar with Autel's automotive diagnostic tools. I felt they had lots of experience getting good quality from Chinese manufacturers, which is the failing of most importers. Autel's customer service is excellent. I was burned good by Upair and their non-existence of even an email address or parts. Reading forums, I found lots of criticism of Phantom's service. I also found very little criticism of Autel's product.

Since I got the XSP, it has behaved exactly as it should. No surprises. It's well made, stable and reliable. It's the rare product that I have purchased that has given me 110% satisfaction in deliving quality and dependability.

The only shortcoming is the lack of aftermarket applications, if you need that. But Autel has just made their codes available to developers, so that should improve. For now, I'm fine with Autel and I feel safer as a beginner with their American-based resources for owners.

I'm sure everyone has his own opinion, but here's why I bought an Autel, new open box for $699. Customer service and quality. I was familiar with Autel's automotive diagnostic tools. I felt they had lots of experience getting good quality from Chinese manufacturers, which is the failing of most importers. Autel's customer service is excellent. I was burned good by Upair and their non-existence of even an email address or parts. Reading forums, I found lots of criticism of Phantom's service. I also found very little criticism of Autel's product.

Since I got the XSP, it has behaved exactly as it should. No surprises. It's well made, stable and reliable. It's the rare product that I have purchased that has given me 110% satisfaction in deliving quality and dependability.

The only shortcoming is the lack of aftermarket applications, if you need that. But Autel has just made their codes available to developers, so that should improve. For now, I'm fine with Autel and I feel safer as a beginner with their American-based resources for owners.

I'm sure that for my needs and as my first serious drone I will be thrilled with either choice, so I think I'm just being fussy. I always have to have the best equipment for the money, and hate making a mistake when buying something of this magnitude.

On the plus side for Autel:
Customer service
Reliable firmware (even if updated less frequently)
Robust construction
Interchangeable camera/gimbal assembly - if something goes wrong with the camera, or you want to upgrade later, you don't need to buy a whole new aircraft
Reasonable pricing on consumable parts (props and batteries)

On the minus side:
Starlink app not as "polished" as DJI's apps (to be expected since they haven't been doing this as long)
No local service centers (that I know of, anyway) - all servicing and repairs are done by Autel, which involves shipping and waiting
No auto obstacle avoidance (the new bird being developed has it)
No third party apps (yet) and limited third party mods, if you're into that
That yaw issue (hopefully fixed via new firmware soon)

Reactions: brian bwin
I have the opportunity to buy used, either a Phantom 3 Pro or the Autel orange. Each kit is complete with all the bits and pieces. The Phantom comes with 3 batts, and the Autel with 4 batts. Each kit is right around $700 with light use. I'm conflicted as to which to buy. Its my first real drone, I've flown a Hubsan before.

Thanks

I was in the same boat as you about this decision. For what you are getting out of either drone is about the same but you say the xsp comes with 4 batts that is a better deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have them all....the XSP is a nice toy but DJI Phantom 3P, 4, 4P, Mavic, are in a different league including service, continious upgrades etc.
Disappointed with Autel, expected much more after reading through the threads here.
For the same price its a no brainer.
The camera is about the only thing which can compete with the Phantoms.

Reactions: Rawdog
Owning both DJI and Autel, your first drone personally I would go with the Autel, its new, not used. Customer Service is much better than DJI (have used them both) Sure there are some features lacking, new firmware and new features including being able to upgrade camera's are a plus. DJI you want an upgrade buy another drone. I love my DJI and I love my Autel for other reasons. I don't think you would be upset with the Autel.

Choice is really up to you.

Reactions: Rawdog

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials