Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Canada Is Pretty Much a NO DRONE ZONE Now

If I follow the letter of the law, I need to keep a minimum altitude of 75 meters to be far enough away from any animals like rodents, ants, fish, etc. Technically, that's 75 meters above the tree line, as there could be ants or birds in the trees. I'm restricted to flying between 75 and 90 meters AGL, provided there are no trees or flying birds.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I'm not up on law or government but how the hell does this guy just come out for a photo op in Toronto and say this is now LAW??? Wow talk about a communist prick.

Making Canada’s Laws
How a bill becomes law
The legislative process

shim.gif

First Reading
The bill is considered read for the first time and is printed.
shim.gif

Second Reading
Members debate the bill’s principle.
shim.gif

Committee Stage
Committee members study the bill clause by clause.
shim.gif

Report Stage
Members can make other amendments.
shim.gif

Third Reading
Members debate and vote on the bill.
shim.gif

Senate
The bill follows a similar process.
shim.gif

Royal Assent
The bill receives Royal Assent after being passed by both Houses.
When you fly in an airplane, visit a national park or buy a product in a store, you are doing something that has probably been touched by a law made in Parliament.

An idea to make a new law or to change an existing law starts out as a "bill." Each bill goes through several stages to become law. At first reading, the bill is considered read for the first time and is printed. There is no debate. At second reading, Members debate the principle of a bill — is the idea behind it sound? Does it meet people's needs? If a bill passes at second reading, it goes to a committee of the House.

Committee members study the bill carefully. They hold hearings to gather information. They can ask for government officials and experts to come and answer questions. The committee can propose amendments, or changes, to the bill.

When a committee has finished its study, it reports the bill back to the House. The entire House can then debate it. During report stage debate, Members can suggest other amendments to the bill.

Once report stage is over, the bill is called for third reading debate. Members who voted for the bill at second reading may sometimes change their minds at third reading after seeing what amendments have or have not been made to the bill. After a bill has passed third reading in the House of Commons, it goes through a similar process in the Senate. Once both Chambers pass the bill in the same form, it is given Royal Assent and becomes law.

Reactions: Mr $panky

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga