Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can I preserve a battery's life after purchase?

LeoJR

Reaction score
I am strictly a hobby flyer.

Having a little experience with 3 batteries that came with a second hand drone, I was mindful of their charging cycles as I intended to sell it relatively soon. The count of charging cycles was important to the new buyer.

My Evo II 6K came bundled with a second battery.
There was also sale on a new single battery that I couldn't pass up either.

Dang it, so I'm back to 3 batteries.

The one that came in the aircraft is the only one that I have Charged and used. Thinking that I didn't want the batteries just sitting around and getting old, my original plan was to use one battery until I needed another. How long can I keep the third battery in hibernation before it starts to degrade?

@LeoJR I agree with @Eagle's Eye Video you are better charging and discharging all of them in rotation vs leaving any of them discharged. Leaving them fully charged is worse than leaving them discharged, but like anything; regular usage will make them last longer than none at all. The most important thing is to ensure that you leave them stored with no more than around 20% charge remaining and you do not recharge them while they are hot.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Photo
Some company really needs to come out with charge cables for the Autel lineup that have standard 3rd party charger connections, so batteries can be properly monitored. Keeping track of IR levels is the best way to accomplish the OP's original question. Particularly for the Evo II at $200 a pop. ?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials