Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best video mode for surfing

Peter Goldwing

Reaction score
My son will go surfing today and I will attempt to do a video of him. What do you think it is the best way to follow him?
Thanks

Hello Peter...
I guess it depends on your sons age, experience and where he is surfing.
I think you said you are from the East Coast of Florida, I assume that there might be some brisk winds if he is Surfing there.
If he is younger, I would just suggest manual mode and follow him with you flying backwards toward the shore.
I think the tracking modes will slow you down and have you do a lot of editing.

I followed my daughter and her friend with my Typhoon H while they where kayaking on one of our local rivers.
the tracking modes and me flying manual didn't get me any good videos. They where TOO slow !
good for photos only.

Maybe look up surfing videos on youtube to get an idea of what your results would be, and use those idea.
Found this
It will be a learning experience for sure !@
Be sure to post your results !

Last edited:
I’m a total newbie at this but in my opinion I’d probably just do it manually. I live in Florida as well & the waves here aren’t like the So Cal waves at all, so should be somewhat easy to follow. Plus you could stay sort of high and use the zoom feature to get tighter shots or do that later in editing I guess. I’d be too nervous to do any of the follow modes or anything since it’s over water!! Good luck & post the video here if you can. I’d love to see what you do & maybe learn a thing or two....E

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN