Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best Video Editor?

GravyTrain210

Reaction score
What is the best Video Editing Software? I can't seem to find anywhere to download Windows Live Movie Maker...discontinued maybe? Thanks for any information in advance!

I would say there is really no "best" editor. It all matters on your skill level and what you need in the editor.
I'm not very experienced and I use Wondershare Filmora but there are tons of other editors out there.

I got ShotCut and it is open source and have many Youtubes tutorials for beginners to advance
Of course it is free

Good Luck

Reactions: Snowman0HK
There are really lots of video editors, most offer similar functionality. For novices I would recommend VSDC, a free, feature-rich video editor, very easy to use.
As for the paid ones I prefer Wondershare Filmora mentioned above. Easy to use and though rather professional.

Reactions: Delta Blue
If you decide to try any of the free editing programs you have to realize they will only output your file to 1080p and not 4K if that is what you shot your video at. Free is good to try but if you are in this for a while you might want to buy the one you like.

Well that is a good thing. Not many do. The better well known ones do not. This is how they get you to buy the full version.

Well that is a good thing. Not many do. The better well known ones do not. This is how they get you to buy the full version.

Agreed and though this one is open source so very little chance to get dinged for something better.

There are really lots of video editors, most offer similar functionality. For novices I would recommend VSDC, a free, feature-rich video editor, very easy to use.
As for the paid ones I prefer Wondershare Filmora mentioned above. Easy to use and though rather professional.
VSDC is good and has some nice features. I use a mix of it, Movavi and Corel Video Studio. Each seems to have its strengths so I can usually do what I want between them all. I might find another or two to add to the mix, and the paid versions usually seem like good deals.

Last edited:
Definitely check out Lumafusion. As of now, it's only available for iOS, and for around $20 on the App Store, it's a deal IMO. Pretty powerful. I use it with my 10.5" iPad Pro, and it laughs at 4K.

I think there are a Gazillion choices. Maybe the most important consideration is the operators knowledge???

I think there are a Gazillion choices. Maybe the most important consideration is the operators knowledge???

Yeah. I think the first priority is hardware that can effectively process what you wish to do, as it is very frustrating to sit and wait and watch as the video loads into your editor only to discover that it then skips and locks up as you attempt to edit the footage. That's why I got the 10.5" iPad Pro. It's a 4K workhorse if needed (most of what I do is 1080p/60fps), and it's cheap compared to an iMac.

After the hardware element is taken care of, the next priorities are creativity and a good editing program or app.

Over the weekend i checked out several different video editors on a free trial basis. I'm just your average computer user and found that filmora was (by far) the best choice. I was able to make a video, edit it, throw in some special effect & some music within an hour or so. I have never even used a video editor before. Filmora has an easy mode ( for dummies like me ) & has music built into it. I tried the advanced mode & figured it out pretty quickly. They have tutorials on how to use it also, i liked it so much for how easy it was to use, i bought it for $59. I tried several others but they seemed complicated to navigate

Last edited:
Over the weekend i checked out several different video editors on a free trial basis. I'm just your average computer user and found that filmora was (by far) the best choice. I was able to make a video, edit it, throw in some special effect & some music within an hour or so. I have never even used a video editor before. Filmora has an easy mode ( for dummies like me ) & has music built into it. I tried the advanced mode & figured it out pretty quickly. They have tutorials on how to use it also, i liked it so much for how easy it was to use, i bout it for $59. I tried several others but they seemed complicated to navigate
I had a similar experience with Filmora & I'm a lot stupider than you.

I would agree, knowledge is key here, but I use Pinnacle Studio:

Pinnacle Studio 21 | Powerful Video Editing Software

it's low cost, $60 for the basic package, and has great functionality. If you don't already understand, editing takes FOREVER. You will load your video, drag and drop it, then play it over and over, 50 times, taking out words, (um, uhh, type) or adding words via a microphone, then edit your words. It takes a long time to do well WHEN you know what you are doing. I've been editing video for years and as you get better, you expect more = more time.

If it's as hobby, it's cool. If you want to shoot 30 minutes of video for a 5 minute segment, be ready to spend some time. The last video I edited, my son's wedding, took 3 weeks to just edit, working on it 3-4 hours per day. Just a point of reference,

I would agree, knowledge is key here, but I use Pinnacle Studio:

Pinnacle Studio 21 | Powerful Video Editing Software

it's low cost, $60 for the basic package, and has great functionality. If you don't already understand, editing takes FOREVER. You will load your video, drag and drop it, then play it over and over, 50 times, taking out words, (um, uhh, type) or adding words via a microphone, then edit your words. It takes a long time to do well WHEN you know what you are doing. I've been editing video for years and as you get better, you expect more = more time.

If it's as hobby, it's cool. If you want to shoot 30 minutes of video for a 5 minute segment, be ready to spend some time. The last video I edited, my son's wedding, took 3 weeks to just edit, working on it 3-4 hours per day. Just a point of reference,
That's a good description of doing video editing. I have Pinnacle Studio and I like it but I use Corel Video Studio a bit more. Also, I use Movavi and VSDC as each program seems to cover something the others miss.

What is the best Video Editing Software? I can't seem to find anywhere to download Windows Live Movie Maker...discontinued maybe? Thanks for any information in advance!
Me? FCPX Mac... Windows? Not sure... Look for what serves your needs best and matches the level of your production needs.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials