Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery issue/ or attacked?

Ltp_90

Reaction score
So I had my evo 2 fall out of the sky twice back to back today. In the same place. The batteries had been in the car for multiple hours, so they should not have been cold. The temp outside was 50f. I started off with 56% battery, no problems, got only a couple hundred feet less than a minute and it went straight to 0, I hurriedly brought it back. It stated damaged battery, lots of warnings etc. swapped batteries, this one was also at about 50% flew out little over a minute and same thing, except this time it crashed, fortunately I found it. I've looked at the logs and they show just what I described.

Any thoughts/ suggestions? I charged the batteries and am flying them cautiously and they seem fine so far.

Just don't fly with a 50% battery indicator that's been idle for awhile because it's likely inaccurate and could really be 8%. Any particular reason why you could first fully charge your battery prior to take off?

Reactions: Western NC
Just don't fly with a 50% battery indicator that's been idle for awhile because it's likely inaccurate and could really be 8%. Any particular reason why you could first fully charge your battery prior to take off?
They had been recently charged, within about 7-10 days. Have never had this issue before, and didn't think to charge them till it was time to fly them.

Not sure what you mean by attacked? But no nothing you describe sounds like an attack.

I've had the same thing happen to me. It seems that we have to charge the batteries fully before flight.

What did the flight logs say? AirData is a good site to upload your logs and review the details. It has a lot of useful information on voltage and temps.
Airdata also connects to your Autel account enabling easy flight log uploads.

What was the location where your drone dropped out of the sky? If you say Donetsk Oblast, then it probably was a directed-energy UAS countermeasure...

1698689425781.png

So I had my evo 2 fall out of the sky twice back to back today. In the same place. The batteries had been in the car for multiple hours, so they should not have been cold. The temp outside was 50f. I started off with 56% battery, no problems, got only a couple hundred feet less than a minute and it went straight to 0, I hurriedly brought it back. It stated damaged battery, lots of warnings etc. swapped batteries, this one was also at about 50% flew out little over a minute and same thing, except this time it crashed, fortunately I found it. I've looked at the logs and they show just what I described.

Any thoughts/ suggestions? I charged the batteries and am flying them cautiously and they seem fine so far.

You should never fly a drone that uses multi-cell batteries that have not been fully charged within the last 12hrs or so. Multi-cell batteries like the EVO II batteries (which are 3C meaning 3 cell batteries) have to be balanced before using. This type of post happens quite frequently on this forum. You can read a more detailed explanation on the charging and balancing process here.

They had been recently charged, within about 7-10 days. Have never had this issue before, and didn't think to charge them till it was time to fly them.
Batteries Auto-Discharge after 3days...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo