Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Cell Balancing

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new Autel multi-battery charger will do cell balancing or have any other maintenance / conditioning functionality?

Autel came out with a new multi-battery charger ?

Autel batteries are smart batteries. They have a circuitry built in that handles the balancing as well as the charge rate and discharging to place them into storage mode. All the charger does is supply power.

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
Autel batteries are smart batteries. They have a circuitry built in that handles the balancing as well as the charge rate and discharging to place them into storage mode. All the charger does is supply power.
I knew they're smart batteries, I didn't know they self- balanced. That's cool, thx.

It is a prototype charger. Not in production and may never be at the rate they move. The only charger they have come out with is the 12 volt one for your car.
I thought I read that it was going to be released this summer!

I think it would be a smart business decision to go ahead with it and get it on the shelves, I think they would sell plenty of them.

Let me know when it hits the shelves. And will it do all 4 at a time or just one and move onto the next? If it does not do all four at a time I cannot see it being a good seller for Autel.

Reactions: Tufargon
Let me know when it hits the shelves. And will it do all 4 at a time or just one and move onto the next? If it does not do all four at a time I cannot see it being a good seller for Autel.
I would think all four at once otherwise what would be the point? I also wouldn't be a buyer if it just did one at a time.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I seem to remember the first posts about this charger they said it will only do 1 battery at a time, maybe this is why it is taking so long as they got a lot of people complaining it is not really a multi-charger and they had to go back to the drawing board. Who knows with Autel, they just might surprise us with great charger this summer.

Initially, some reviewers said there were a couple co's that were going to sell the chargers third party on Amazon, but something happened and those co's decided not to sell them. They either got C&D'd from Autel, or perhaps DJI said something. Same was said about tablet holders. Only Lifthor went with it.

Perhaps the market just isn't vast enough for third party products for Autel. Even little things like control stick plastic supports were never made. Tons of that stuff for DJI. Then again, I don't see much third party marketed for Anafi, or even Typhoon... and those are fairly popular. I think DJI has their hands in it somewhat. Maybe was a "go on ahead small company.. make those holders, battery chargers, accessories... but you may lose our licensing."

naaaaaaah, I think it's those vendors just don't see as big as a market in the other companies.

Just ask Scott to print anything you want. If he does not have it he will try and design it. He don't give a dam about any licenscing LOl

Reactions: Marcle

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm