Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AutelPilot phishing domain?

DriftUAV

Reaction score
Something weird just popped up. Looks a mimic site of AutelPilots called AutelPilot just caught my attention. Straight up looks like a phishing domain. MX record for this weird one shows the emails going to a server in China while the official one goes to google. DNS is also to China.

Anyone have into on that site?
The links for the firmware downloads worked, and hovering the links all look ok, but VEEERRRYYYY suspicious of the details I'm seeing as I almost logged into it.

Edit: The more I look into it, the more it looks legit. Not finding any actual misdirection or direct impersonation of AutelPilots, but anything that sends all info back to HK/China hits my 100%-Sus trigger. Web forms, DNS, Email. The checkout doesnt include the sketchy things like Venmo. Looks like its strictly a sales business but man does that setup throw a lot of red-flags.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 210747.png

Screenshot 2024-02-26 210816.png

Screenshot 2024-02-26 212621.png

Last edited:
They're a Chinese retailer. The domain name tricks people into thinking it's the official Autel Robotics site all the time. Nothing new.

Reactions: DriftUAV
They're a Chinese retailer. The domain name tricks people into thinking it's the official Autel Robotics site all the time. Nothing new.
Good to know. Thanks.
Working in IT makes you kind of trigger happy when stuff like this comes up.
Can delete, just wanted to make sure Mods saw it in case it was new.

A rather disreputable Chinese retailer, too! Buyer beware!

They're a regular retail site. Where I bought my 640T v3 from. Just have a name similar to this one, and you've visited this one before so Google thinks it's sketchy. Comes up for me constantly as I frequent both sites.

This alert is generally used to help reduce visits to things like MyBankSites vs MyBankSite :) In our case, Autel Pilot is a company name for an Autel reseller and Autel Pilots is a forum for Pilots of Autel Aircraft and Google isn't smart enough to know the difference.

Now, if the sites were both retail sites, and one was playing off the name of the more popular store, then yes, that would be a problem.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo