Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Support

scriffij

Reaction score
Has Autel gone silent? How long does it take to get a response from support? Maybe you guys on this forum could help me.... Please!
1) What is Boat Mode (does it turn off accelerometer calibration at start up or does it just turn of return to home? had a very lovely flyaway at 56KM/h sideways at 45 degree roll. Flight log says all sensors green (airdata)
2) Have other people got problems with blurriness (over compression????) on Pro 6K video. when I grab a frame and zoom in the right 1/4 of image is blurry! at 4K the right 1/5 to 1/6 is blurry.
3) Why can't I copy the waypoint mission txt files from one android tablet to another. how do I transfer pre-planned waypoint missions?
4) why do I have to type the waypoint name in twice, Once when I create the mission and again when I save it. which name is used as they can differ?!
5) I upgrade latest firmware which requires version 1.1.6.0 (android) App stupidly thinking that the App would be available given the release of the Firmware, but alas poor Yorick! No App.. That was Sunday. Monday I had a commercial job to do and firmware not apparently compatible with the App. I tested all afternoon Sunday as the Job was worth $1000 with outlays for Engineers and Survey Boats, skippers and pilots.
6) why are the map view options in Camera mode not available in Mission mode? or are they?
7) which antenna is 600MHz and which is 2.4GHz?
8) had a planned mission recording video that was flying due north on map, flight log says that compas was 360 degrees, video progress at a 30-40 degree angle from upper left to lower right and not straight down the frame. flight log says sensors all green (airdata). how can the craft be rotated at 30-40 degrees, flight the waypoint line and compas be ok?
9) why can't I analyse my own flight logs like I do with Ardupilot and Mikrokopter?
10) why did Autel not implement the waypoint mission planning developed by Brian Sasville called Hector (SASVILLE | DESIGN). it is so much better for photogrammetry than what they have released in Explorer.

I love the Evo II, I love the firmware updates that have been pushed out over the last few weeks (at least 4) but as a commercial operator, I find the App very low end and not capable of delivering the planning and functional requirements required by a commercial operator. I use ESRI ArcGIS, AutoCAD, ERDAS Imaging, Global Mapper.. for my commercial work. I have built and operated Ardupilot (pixhawk) and Mikrokopter copters, ROVs and fixed wing since 2014 (not that long I know). I know Autel have released the SDK and I am looking at it, but I find the Explorer App lacking and designed for weekend hobbyists that only want to take video of the scenery and their holidays which is disappointing as this drone is capable of so much more. I am going to stick it out with the EVO II, knowing that it is extendable and future proof. Lets hope Autel can develop a commercially viable front end sooner rather than not at all and find the time to return support requests.

Thanks guys
Scriffo

Has Autel gone silent? How long does it take to get a response from support? Maybe you guys on this forum could help me.... Please!
1) What is Boat Mode (does it turn off accelerometer calibration at start up or does it just turn of return to home? had a very lovely flyaway at 56KM/h sideways at 45 degree roll. Flight log says all sensors green (airdata)
2) Have other people got problems with blurriness (over compression????) on Pro 6K video. when I grab a frame and zoom in the right 1/4 of image is blurry! at 4K the right 1/5 to 1/6 is blurry.
3) Why can't I copy the waypoint mission txt files from one android tablet to another. how do I transfer pre-planned waypoint missions?
4) why do I have to type the waypoint name in twice, Once when I create the mission and again when I save it. which name is used as they can differ?!
5) I upgrade latest firmware which requires version 1.1.6.0 (android) App stupidly thinking that the App would be available given the release of the Firmware, but alas poor Yorick! No App.. That was Sunday. Monday I had a commercial job to do and firmware not apparently compatible with the App. I tested all afternoon Sunday as the Job was worth $1000 with outlays for Engineers and Survey Boats, skippers and pilots.
6) why are the map view options in Camera mode not available in Mission mode? or are they?
7) which antenna is 600MHz and which is 2.4GHz?
8) had a planned mission recording video that was flying due north on map, flight log says that compas was 360 degrees, video progress at a 30-40 degree angle from upper left to lower right and not straight down the frame. flight log says sensors all green (airdata). how can the craft be rotated at 30-40 degrees, flight the waypoint line and compas be ok?
9) why can't I analyse my own flight logs like I do with Ardupilot and Mikrokopter?
10) why did Autel not implement the waypoint mission planning developed by Brian Sasville called Hector (SASVILLE | DESIGN). it is so much better for photogrammetry than what they have released in Explorer.

I love the Evo II, I love the firmware updates that have been pushed out over the last few weeks (at least 4) but as a commercial operator, I find the App very low end and not capable of delivering the planning and functional requirements required by a commercial operator. I use ESRI ArcGIS, AutoCAD, ERDAS Imaging, Global Mapper.. for my commercial work. I have built and operated Ardupilot (pixhawk) and Mikrokopter copters, ROVs and fixed wing since 2014 (not that long I know). I know Autel have released the SDK and I am looking at it, but I find the Explorer App lacking and designed for weekend hobbyists that only want to take video of the scenery and their holidays which is disappointing as this drone is capable of so much more. I am going to stick it out with the EVO II, knowing that it is extendable and future proof. Lets hope Autel can develop a commercially viable front end sooner rather than not at all and find the time to return support requests.

Thanks guys
Scriffo

Holy shnikes!! Well good morning to you too! lmao, you definitely have a very loaded question that has a very extendable amount of variables that can play into a lot of what you are questioning here...
1. First off with Boat Mode: Boat mode is essentially used for, well you guessed it, Boats... Lol, But on a real note, Boat mode makes it to where the accelerometer no longer communicates to the Camer's Gimbal ? and Brain ? and this is because if you've ever noticed that ANY slight variation in movement or vibration will literally make the quad act like a 2-year-old throwing a fit and not wanna take off. So to negate this safety net which is purely intentional for safety reasons, they incorporated Boat mode; This makes it to where you now have the ability to Hand Launch the Drone, Launch from a moving vehicle, i.e. (a Boat ?) but more importantly that's all this is for and should NOT be flown in under normal operation.
2. Now for the blurred edging in the video is also somewhat normal, due to the FOV and high-density codec being used, when in post everything will be a bit blurred. Now to rectify this to a better standpoint, you should be using an Xtreme Pro type SD card with a U3 & A2 rating and would honestly stick with 64 GB variants just because its better to have multiple cards that way if something might happen or get corrupted you don't lose a crapload of footage to a failed card or cash, etc... Also make sure you record in H.265 Format, with the 10-bit color profile, selected and always at 60 FPS unless it's at night, then drop to 24 FPS for better capturing of low light, etc... There's a ton of variables I could go through but it would be all day lol. Just go from there and you should see a major jump in quality post process.
3. So I actually stumbled upon this earlier this last week and you can actually do that very thing, Copy and transfer over the waypoint missions as you so much would like. But! It's not in the conventional way you're probably used to doing it or looking at it. So initially you need to go into your Android folder inside your device or wherever the app is saved and navigate to the Autel folder and inside you'll find the waypoint config .txt and the files for each individual mission you've created. Now, I haven't messed with the flight parameters this way but I've thought up on how I'm gonna see if I can create any waypoint missions in the EVO 2 section and use them for the EVO 1 which has nothing compared to the very basic EVO 2 setup lmao and I'm also gonna see if you can make the drone go any faster than the 22 mph set on the waypoint slider or see if I can change the slider parameter to 30 or 40 mph. I can let you know later how this whole endeavor pans out, if at all lol...
4. You should just have to type it once, but if you make any changes at all it'll ask you to save again but you can just close it out as long as you initially saved it the first time.
5. I have no insight on their flight app or SDK but can look into that a bit more. Also with the support staff getting back it usually takes 12 to 24 hours at most, So if it's been longer just try and send them a courteous follow-up email asking if they had reviewed or seen the last msg prior and if they had any resolution to your inquiries.
6. You need to click on the box to the right after you click on a waypoint or something you placed onto the map, this will give you about 6 or 7 different camera options and also the heading of the craft, gimbal pitch, etc...
7. For the Antenna Sake, I don't remember but its 900-913Mhz and 2400-2453Ghz band nodes we bind and communicate through but I'll be performing an antenna mod this afternoon and will update back to the finding,I just don't remember the last time I had the remote open.

8. The last of your questions are basically hearsay just due to the fact that I'm not Autel or correspond with any of them personally so I can't tell you what they are up to or planning out next. All I do know is they will take care of us in due time, but it's better to take your time and perfect something rather than rush and screw it up to where people won't want your product whatsoever, this will at least make us more intrigued and eager to get a fluid product that we've been waiting for what feels like an eternity for.

Well, I hope I've helped you out and somewhat gave you a little bit of insight as to what the dealio is with this whole shebang... If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to assist you in any problems or questions you may have. Happy flying, stay safe, and stay healthy!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58