Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Snips off the Propellers

Some random YouTube user with a bunch of followers who gets a free drone to test/play with doing this video? Sure, I get that. I mean, why not right?

The manufacturer though?

Not surprised clipping the props in a balanced way worked. Lets see what happens when only half a prop (e.g. one blade vs. two) are clipped, now that would be an imbalance.

That's insane.

Why on Earth would Autel put out a video like this?! ?‍♂️
Why not. It demonstrates how powerful the E2P is. It also shows, if you hit something and shear part of a blade off the EVO2p will still fly. I actually fly my E2P with a 3000 lumen flashlight attached. The torch is somewhat heavy with its battery , but the EVO behaves as if the heavy light isn't even attached. Except for a 7 minute shortened flight time and a 10 degree F increase in battery operating temp it lifts the extra weight and climbs in altitude as if there is no extra weight attached. Compared to DJI, EVO2s lifting capacity and weighted flight time outperforms DJI M2P.

However, MAKE NOTE: The DJI MAV3 is going to be released by the years end. I hear it's going to be "amazing", "incredible". The camera is supposed to be a really big deal. I wonder if they will exceed the 1" sensor size and current 4k res. I Suspect the figures will exceed EVO except for DJI's stupid NANNY drone policies. I hesitate to buy a DJI because they can turn your drone into an expensive brick at their whim. EVO is my go to drone, because of the freedom it gives the user.

... However, MAKE NOTE: The DJI MAV3 is going to be released by the years end. I hear it's going to be "amazing", "incredible". The camera is supposed to be a really big deal. I wonder if they will exceed the 1" sensor size and current 4k res. I Suspect the figures will exceed EVO except for DJI's stupid NANNY drone policies. ...

I expect you are right, but then again... that's what everybody said all last year.

I'm thinking camera wise the Mavic Air 2S will match or exceed the Evo 2 8K and the Mavic 3 Pro will match or more likely exceed the Evo 2 6K.

If DJI gave their customers the option to turn off geofencing they would increase in value by quite a bit. At the very least give the Part 107 holders the option. Nothing worse than having a $2,000 brick on a job instead of a functioning flying camera.

I still like the E2P though. It's my go-to bird for functional reliability. If I take the Air 2 out I still bring along the E2P just in case the Air 2 is bricked by DJI. I refuse to let them ruin my day.

Reactions: Quad808

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert