Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Smart Charger battery charging

• Thread starter Deleted member 9417
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9417

My new Autel Smart Controller V2 has been on charge for 12 hours and the fourth green light indicating a full charge is still blinking. Is this typical of the first charge on a new unit?

i think it depends on the charger. my v1 unit is doing it now, the green light blinks....forever; no matter how long it's on the charger.

Are you 100% positive you're using the Type-C to Type-C cable that came with the SC and the 65W charging brick it came with? We've see charging issues anytime a different cable is used, even USB-A to Type-C.

Yes on both counts. 100%. Opened the box, which, BTW, included instructions in CHINESE, used the included cable and charger. I downloaded the ENGLISH version of the instructions from the Autel site. I would NEVER use a charger that did not come with a given unit.

Reactions: herein2021
Yes on both counts. 100%. Opened the box, which, BTW, included instructions in CHINESE, used the included cable and charger. I downloaded the ENGLISH version of the instructions from the Autel site. I would NEVER use a charger that did not come with a given unit.

The last light blinking usually means the battery is between 75% and 99% charged, it sounds to me like it is a bad battery. You could also take it off of the charger and check its charge level in the drone via the app.

I strongly dislike anything battery related that doesn't behave exactly like it should....a bad battery is a certain way to lose a drone.

97% and will go no further. But as ti turns out, that is the least of my problem. Now that it is charged up enough to be able to see the screen, everything is in Chinese.

97% and will go no further. But as ti turns out, that is the least of my problem. Now that it is charged up enough to be able to see the screen, everything is in Chinese.
heh, i guess you really had to dig deep and go all the way to china just to get a v2 controller, hope you got it for super cheap!? i'm guessing aliexpress?

cannot guarantee this will work because there's no telling what sw you have but when you power up the device in standby, drag the signal/battery/clock icon in the upper right corner, drag it down to open it, and then select the down arrow on the far right. click on the settings wheel and language setting is 15th from the top or 6th from the bottom, it has a equator-type globe for an icon. each of the settings are in different groups and the 2nd to last group (personal) has the language option 2nd to last. from there, to set the language to english, choose the first listing (and if english is not there, you may have to add it). hope this helps.

after this, please come back and we can help you with the dozen or so more issues you may encounter with your chinese-version v2 sc! /s

i think it depends on the charger. my v1 unit is doing it now, the green light blinks....forever; no matter how long it's on the charger.
Normally when the battery is fully charged, all the green dash lights are off. Nothing flashing.
If your battery lights are flashing, that is, in my 2 years of flying the EVO 2 PRO, the battery is not fully charged. I’ve been flying racing drones for 7 years, have used the top conditioning and charging systems for those type of batteries and have had flashing lights on some cells that wouldn’t stop flashing. For those that didn’t stop flashing indicated a problem cell.
I have 3 EVO 2 batteries, so far all the lights extinguish when fully charged. I run these three batteries down to 20% all the time and on purpose. I don’t let them sit more than 3weeks, where as I go fly even if I’m not on a mission. Conditioning equals long life.
Hope the long answer help you. Thanks. Ed znewman

Reactions: herein2021
Normally when the battery is fully charged, all the green dash lights are off. Nothing flashing.
If your battery lights are flashing, that is, in my 2 years of flying the EVO 2 PRO, the battery is not fully charged. I’ve been flying racing drones for 7 years, have used the top conditioning and charging systems for those type of batteries and have had flashing lights on some cells that wouldn’t stop flashing. For those that didn’t stop flashing indicated a problem cell.
I have 3 EVO 2 batteries, so far all the lights extinguish when fully charged. I run these three batteries down to 20% all the time and on purpose. I don’t let them sit more than 3weeks, where as I go fly even if I’m not on a mission. Conditioning equals long life.
Hope the long answer help you. Thanks. Ed znewman

I agree 100%, a battery with the lights that will not stop flashing is a bad battery in my book and would be replaced immediately. You don't get many warnings that a LiPo is going bad so when you get one its better to be overly cautious vs risking the drone falling out of the sky or a battery fire.

fortunately i don't have any batteries that won't stop lights, just the v1 sc and i'm finding if i switch chargers, it does go out eventually.

Reactions: Edward Newman

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials