Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel repair

joshmentele

Reaction score
Any of you guys send in your drone to Autel to repair (not under warranty)? If so, how much did it cost? I crashed my Evo today and need it repaired.

Mine is on it's way to them. I had some issues with the camera after update to the latest firmware and they decided it would be best to send it since I also had a "mishap" We'll see if they suprise me with a charge. They should have it tomorrow, will be interesting to see how their service department holds up in comparison to the Darkside.

Any of you guys send in your drone to Autel to repair (not under warranty)? If so, how much did it cost? I crashed my Evo today and need it repaired.
My EVO is on it's way back, yes it's covered under warranty but they do supply an invoice. From it I gather they charge $60 an hr as they charged me $30 for 1/2 hour

My EVO is on it's way back, yes it's covered under warranty but they do supply an invoice. From it I gather they charge $60 an hr as they charged me $30 for 1/2 hour
$60/hr seems a little high to me. I hope they don't spend too much time fixing mine. Can I see a screenshot of the invoice? I am interested in seeing the cost for the parts you needed to see how much I will be paying.

no parts involved, just 30 for 1/2 hr service, they just checked it out flashed the firmware and calibrated the gimbal

Man I'm so bummed out, EVO was supposed to be delivered yesterday, last day to fly freely as today and tomorrow supposed to bring nasty weather, today is not a pretty day, but any way weekends are just about all he time I get to fly, and EVO got held up by weather on FED EX transport and delivery was rescheduled to Monday. I really want to scream!!

Man I'm so bummed out, EVO was supposed to be delivered yesterday, last day to fly freely as today and tomorrow supposed to bring nasty weather, today is not a pretty day, but any way weekends are just about all he time I get to fly, and EVO got held up by weather on FED EX transport and delivery was rescheduled to Monday. I really want to scream!!
Just got my quote for the Evo: $550. I will just sell it for parts rather than pay this price.

hmmm that's unfortunate, in the long run the shell looks like it needs replacing, did they give you a breakdown of what they assessed had to be done? I got lucky, actually I expected my damage to be similar, however my arms folded which protected them from damage and the bird hit the ground on it's back which protected the gimbal. I really got lucky.

hmmm that's unfortunate, in the long run the shell looks like it needs replacing, did they give you a breakdown of what they assessed had to be done? I got lucky, actually I expected my damage to be similar, however my arms folded which protected them from damage and the bird hit the ground on it's back which protected the gimbal. I really got lucky.
New gimbal: $350
New shell: 110
Labor: 90

I figured the gimbal would be the big deal there. Hard to tell , but it looks like the gimbal could be repaired, what do you think? However parts are probably not available at this point.

I figured the gimbal would be the big deal there. Hard to tell , but it looks like the gimbal could be repaired, what do you think? However parts are probably not available at this point.
Yes, it seems to me that Autel wants to go the lazy way and just put a new gimbal on it. I can't repair it myself because there are no parts.

I just paid $200 to replace a PC board on my DJI Inspire 1 and found that the rest of my issues with it were caused by faulty batteries 4 FAULTY BATTERIES, so I had to buy 2 at $200 a piece!!! Not a cheap hobby, don't blame Autel for charging for repairs, no one will do it for free.

They want $350 to fix mine I am thinking of just selling it for parts as well. This will be the last autel anything I get.
I have had a good experience with Autel in the past, but the repair charge is a little high. I have gotten free batteries when one of mine was a little puffy but still functioned and free repair on a drone when it needed it. My crashed Evo was on me, so I can see why Autel didn't want to cover it.

Can You explain Pilot error ? This is how I learn, from others.
It was a ludicrous thing that I did, involved power lines and a high speed crash. ;)
Came out of it fairly well considering my Mavic broke from a 10 ft drop, no crash.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58