Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo2 6k Night Surveillance Flight with Spot Light Video

nice video and thanks for sharing. what lights are you using? I have posted earlier with pics of my FoxFury lights...5 of them and they are ridiculously bright!

Totally pointless and brilliant at the same time, I am now officially a drone geek!

nice video and thanks for sharing. what lights are you using? I have posted earlier with pics of my FoxFury lights...5 of them and they are ridiculously bright!

Totally pointless and brilliant at the same time, I am now officially a drone geek!
There were 2 Klarus G15 Pocket carry lights/ (EDC) attached with velcro to the sides of the drone. 5oz each w/ battery. They maintain between 1500-2000 lumens each when hot. 4000 lumens short term, when in turbo.

Did the weight of the two flashlights and the strobe affect the flight characteristics of the drone at all?

Any comments from the neighbors?

Did the weight of the two flashlights and the strobe affect the flight characteristics of the drone at all?

Any comments from the neighbors?
The weight did not affect the flight characteristics of the drone. When flying, I can't feel any change, except my flight time is reduced by about 8 minutes. The speed and response feels the same. When I first started flying with lights over the neighborhood, a few neighbors called the police, because they didn't know what I was doing or who was flying the drone or why I was flying it. After the police talked to me and the concerned neighbors everything is fine. The police and neighbors like it now, like a neighborhood watch program, without the risk of getting into a dangerous situation. Most of the neighbors don't know it's me, they just think its a police surveillance drone and ignore it. The drone's lights also freak out anyone that shouldn't be in the neighborhood and also gets kids, up to no good, to go back home. I never use red and blue flashing strobes. Don't want to get in trouble for impersonating law enforcement.

How high was the drone?
I was flying between 90-120ft. Sometimes 150ft. The images are dimmer when in video recording mode, but when in PHOTO MODE, It's 10 times brighter. I can see everything, like daylight at 100ft. Even at 200ft in photo mode, the ground is still very visible. People are identifiable at 100ft and lower, but any higher, you can still see them, but not the details of there clothing or skin color. The lights throw about 3000 lumens total at the ground.

THE CAR CHASE; My Autel EVO2 neighborhood watch/ surveillance IN PHOTO MODE, SCREEN CAPTURE video, CAR CHASE. Scared the crap out of a suspected drug buyer. They left in a hurry after I blasted them with the spotlights.

The weight did not affect the flight characteristics of the drone. When flying, I can't feel any change, except my flight time is reduced by about 8 minutes. The speed and response feels the same. When I first started flying with lights over the neighborhood, a few neighbors called the police, because they didn't know what I was doing or who was flying the drone or why I was flying it. After the police talked to me and the concerned neighbors everything is fine. The police and neighbors like it now, like a neighborhood watch program, without the risk of getting into a dangerous situation. Most of the neighbors don't know it's me, they just think its a police surveillance drone and ignore it. The drone's lights also freak out anyone that shouldn't be in the neighborhood and also gets kids, up to no good, to go back home. I never use red and blue flashing strobes. Don't want to get in trouble for impersonating law enforcement.
nice, I didn't see this reply; was over in the other thread. I agree I wouldn't use blue, not that it isn't legal, but I would have no issue with red and green which is standard for aircraft and maybe even standard with drones one day.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen