Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO II Range Test Comparison

I watched this last night, I was a little annoyed that they did not push further or follow rise over run up to 400. That said, it certainly is enough range for me, however, the 9km claim seems unlikely to be a reality given their results. I get that they were <clears throat> attempting to be legal.

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I'm more concerned about the many videos coming out about the tilted horizon. You pay that much money for a product that is suppose to be better then DJI and they have this crap still going on. Autel needs to wake up. Good thing I was not planning any purchase till all this crap gets sorted out.

Tilted horizon...not too worried about that. That is always fixable with firmware...Now it if gets wonky after a quick spin, and doesn't come back to level, or can get knocked out of level even after a slow turn, then it's a problem...Lets hope it isn't anything more than a firmware update. I haven't flown my EVO 1 is a while...isn't there level adjustment in the app that you can do even while flying?

Going out of level during a turn destroys cinematic changes in direction. App adjustments can't get rid of that.

Tilted horizon...not too worried about that. That is always fixable with firmware...Now it if gets wonky after a quick spin, and doesn't come back to level, or can get knocked out of level even after a slow turn, then it's a problem...Lets hope it isn't anything more than a firmware update. I haven't flown my EVO 1 is a while...isn't there level adjustment in the app that you can do even while flying?
No it's not always fixable in firmware. Autel has put out 2-3 updates for the Evo 1 to try to fix the tilt, but many people, including myself still have it. Their Evo 1 and now their Evo 2 both have tilt. Their engineers are just stumped by this issue.

Reactions: ElectricPickle
No it's not always fixable in firmware. Autel has put out 2-3 updates for the Evo 1 to try to fix the tilt, but many people, including myself still have it. Their Evo 1 and now their Evo 2 both have tilt. Their engineers are just stumped by this issue.
Given the two iterations have different cameras and gimbals, it appears to be a firmware or software issue. Someone claimed the Evo 1’s gimbal is not a true 3-axis gimbal (I don’t pretend to understand that argument). But one has to assume they’ve learned since then?

Reactions: christianpeso
And an additional comment on range. I’m not a drone policeman, but I wouldn’t fly a drone beyond VLOS because if anything goes wrong, losing your bird could be—legally—the least of your problems.

I'm more concerned about the many videos coming out about the tilted horizon. You pay that much money for a product that is suppose to be better then DJI and they have this crap still going on. Autel needs to wake up. Good thing I was not planning any purchase till all this crap gets sorted out.

I am with you and the others on this bigger issue... its currently a strike against in my purchase decision... If they still have not corrected it in the Evo1, then my faith in their abilities just dropped considerably, thats a shame, because this appears to be an excellent platform in other respects. As you rightly point out, spending a couple of grand should get you a solid product. 16 minutes to the DJI Launch event.... Hmmmm :eek:

Reactions: jafemu1
I am with you and the others on this bigger issue... its currently a strike against in my purchase decision... If they still have not corrected it in the Evo1, then my faith in their abilities just dropped considerably, thats a shame, because this appears to be an excellent platform in other respects. As you rightly point out, spending a couple of grand should get you a solid product. 16 minutes to the DJI Launch event.... Hmmmm :eek:
Mavic Air 2 isn't really the same as the Evo II. It truly brings a lot to the table for the price, but in my opinion is for a different type of customer that would buy the bigger drones.

I also am of the opinion that the horizon tilt problem will always be Autel’s Achilles heel. That was a MUST fix before releasing a second version. How many comments have been made on this forum about addressing the EVO 1 tilt issue? Way too many. And it should NOT rely on your crafty editing abilities in post to fix a tilted horizon. A drone with 8K, 100 K whatever mexapixels, 40 minutes of flight time, etc. is useless for photography if a level horizon cannot be relied upon. A DJI Spark video with a level horizon is more pleasing to look at than a video from a high end camera without level horizons.

I also am of the opinion that the horizon tilt problem will always be Autel’s Achilles heel. That was a MUST fix before releasing a second version. How many comments have been made on this forum about addressing the EVO 1 tilt issue? Way too many. And it should NOT rely on your crafty editing abilities in post to fix a tilted horizon. A drone with 8K, 100 K whatever mexapixels, 40 minutes of flight time, etc. is useless for photography if a level horizon cannot be relied upon. A DJI Spark video with a level horizon is more pleasing to look at than a video from a high end camera without level horizons.
I had the horizon tilt and fixed it by first doing a gimbal calibration, which fixed 90%of the issue then straightened out the rest by doing a gimbal adjustment While flying. This straightened the remainder & now I don’t have the problem. Not sure if that will help any. Hopefully it will help you out.
E

I had the horizon tilt and fixed it by first doing a gimbal calibration, which fixed 90%of the issue then straightened out the rest by doing a gimbal adjustment While flying. This straightened the remainder & now I don’t have the problem. Not sure if that will help any. Hopefully it will help you out.
E

I would not buy a drone with a problem like this out of the box. They had the same issue with EVO I, but still released EVO II knowing damn well it had the same problem..

Reactions: christianpeso
My Evo I has never had the "tilt" problem. Is the problem overblown by the vocal ones who post? Not sure. Let's hope this isn't a non-fixable issue and that it isn't widespread. Do we know if any of the users did a proper gimbal calibration, or just took it out of the box and put it up in the air?

Reactions: autel-myst
My Evo I has never had the "tilt" problem. Is the problem overblown by the vocal ones who post? Not sure. Let's hope this isn't a non-fixable issue and that it isn't widespread. Do we know if any of the users did a proper gimbal calibration, or just took it out of the box and put it up in the air?
Any little bit of research would of informed you that the issue is not overblown. People have been posting about it for over a year and if you look at Evo 1 videos, you will see videos with them. To assume that the users who are having this issue did not do a "gimbal calibration" and just flew it "straight out the box" a year later is not very smart thinking. Autel has even released firmware upgrades stating that the firmware is supposed to help with Horizon tilt.

Do the majority of Evo 1s have the tilt issue, probably not. But there is still a significant number of Evo 1s that do.

Agree. Anyone expecting any drone to be perfect (not in need of calibration) out of the box is kidding themselves.
Do the Autel Evo instructions state to do a Gimbal Calibration before 1st flight? Does it state to perform an imu calibration before 1st flight? Does it state to calibrate your controller before 1st flight? Does it state to calibrate your GPS before 1st flight?

If Autel wanted their consumers to calibrate crap before their 1st flight, that is something they should state. Stop acting like the "I been flying drones for 2,075 years and every one knows they should calibrate their drone before 1st flight" guy.

Reactions: jafemu1
I didn’t think it was that big of a deal since it was very easy to fix.
What if it wasn't easy to fix? If it was easy, don't you think Autel would of fixed it over a year later after the initial Evo 1 release? If it was easy, don't you think the Evo 2 should not have horizon tilt out the box?

Any little bit of research would of informed you that the issue is not overblown. People have been posting about it for over a year and if you look at Evo 1 videos, you will see videos with them. To assume that the users who are having this issue did not do a "gimbal calibration" and just flew it "straight out the box" a year later is not very smart thinking. Autel has even released firmware upgrades stating that the firmware is supposed to help with Horizon tilt.

Do the majority of Evo 1s have the tilt issue, probably not. But there is still a significant number of Evo 1s that do.

Bro, sounds like you have an axe to grind. Don't buy an autel drone then. Do you even have one? I didn't think so.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan