Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II 6K Pro and Autel Explorer Manual Focus (MF) Camera Setting

Malli35998

Reaction score
Website
www.raptoraerialservices.com
I am new to Autel. I have been flying an Evo II 6K Pro drone for a week. I primarily fly aerial survey missions. Using the Autel Explorer App, Manual Focus seems to be a pain to use and not very intuitive. I use a 65" x 40" Wingtra matte vinyl reference poster to assist with manual focus. See attached screen captures. I will check focus at 150’ AGL and 300’ AGL. I zoom in using 3x Digital Zoom to clearly view the poster. Using DJI Go, I would typically set manual focus to Infinity +/-. I find with Autel Explorer and the Autel Evo II 6K Pro Drone I end up setting Manual Focus to about 37. See attached screen capture. What does 37 even mean? I am curious how Forum members work with Manual Focus and how you focus.

Attachments

• Wingtra_Poster.jpg
    Wingtra_Poster.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
  • Wingtra_Poster2.jpg
    Wingtra_Poster2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    975 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: AirStag
I am new to Autel. I have been flying an Evo II 6K Pro drone for a week. I primarily fly aerial survey missions. Using the Autel Explorer App, Manual Focus seems to be a pain to use and not very intuitive. I use a 65" x 40" Wingtra matte vinyl reference poster to assist with manual focus. See attached screen captures. I will check focus at 150’ AGL and 300’ AGL. I zoom in using 3x Digital Zoom to clearly view the poster. Using DJI Go, I would typically set manual focus to Infinity +/-. I find with Autel Explorer and the Autel Evo II 6K Pro Drone I end up setting Manual Focus to about 37. See attached screen capture. What does 37 even mean? I am curious how Forum members work with Manual Focus and how you focus.
How does Auto Focus compare? If AF works well, use that then switch to MF and don't change it.

We are still waiting for a DMF focus from Autel since the release of Evo 2...In Manual Focus just to tape on screen and refocus on clicked area, without changing after seconds (like Auto Focus does)...would be a life saver...It is working in Auto Focus, but you need to keep screen pressed for seconds to lock focus, waisting precious time...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy