Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Explorer Manual Focus (MF) Camera Setting

Malli35998

Reaction score
Website
www.raptoraerialservices.com
I am new to Autel. I have been using an Evo II 6K Pro V2 drone for a week. I mainly fly aerial surveys. Manual Focus (MF) in the Explorer App seems to be a pain and not very intuitive. I use a Wingtra laminated reference poster that I lay on the ground to assist with manual focus. I check focus at 150’ AGL and 300’ AGL. I will use 3x Digital Zoom to view the poster. I find with the Autel Explorer and the Autel Evo II 6K Pro Drone I end up setting Manual Focus to about 37. What do these numbers represent? Using DJI Go, I would typically set manual focus close to Infinity +/-. I would be interested in finding out what the Forum user’s experience and recommendations are using Manual Focus.

I ignore the numbers entirely... the important point is to be in that manual focus mode. Then when you get to your 150' AGL and 300' AGL heights, just touch the screen of your device, right where your reference poster is. That momentary rectangle that appears for a second, is the camera resetting the focus to the poster, at your current distance to that POI.

Reactions: Malli35998
I ignore the numbers entirely... the important point is to be in that manual focus mode. Then when you get to your 150' AGL and 300' AGL heights, just touch the screen of your device, right where your reference poster is. That momentary rectangle that appears for a second, is the camera resetting the focus to the poster, at your current distance to that POI.
În manual focus does not refocus where you touch the screen... At least I cannot do that... Crap software?..

În manual focus does not refocus where you touch the screen... At least I cannot do that... Crap software?..
Not sure what to suggest... in my experience, resetting the focus as described above results in tack sharp results. Placing in MF mode and not establishing the focus has given me less successful results.

Not sure what to suggest... in my experience, resetting the focus as described above results in tack sharp results. Placing in MF mode and not establishing the focus has given me less successful results.
I was asking if in Manual Focus when you touch the screen is refocusing and remains Manual, as I touch the screen in Manual Focus but is not refocusing, just remains in that Manual... For example, if I put Manual Focus on Macro, close to drone, and touch the screen on a portion that is far away, does not refocus far away, just remains in Macro...
Logical assumption was to manual focus to area touched... But is not...

You may need to have some other setting enable/disabled to be able to perform "tap to focus" - Absolutely nothing is more frustrating than trying to determine which feature is disabling another. For example, on a flagship Samsung Phone - S21 Ultra or Note 20 Ultra, you will see options unavailable. The you stop recording in HEIC or another change to parameters and boom: You can now toggle HDR 10+ or something else. These incompatible options make sense when you look at the technical reasons, but in the real world where a user is trying to record, and the couple is about to be pronounced husband and wife... stress is inevitable.

All consumer camera's have scenarios like this, some less opaque, others damn near impossible to figure out. No, it doesn't make me yearn for the "good old days" of film and wet processing. You can have powerful software, with necessary complexity, you can have simple software that's missing too many important tools. Software design that gives you advanced capabilities, that are accessible and intuitive? That is the magic sweet spot. That is the target.

The HDR is simple, put Auto in 4K 30 fps and HDR will appear.
That dynamic manual focus = tap to focus and stay there, not working...
Huawei tablet, Huawei P30 Pro phone, tripltek tab.... No success...
Auto focus and manual focus by slider works fine... Another Autel bug...
Not even a nest of cockroaches have so many bugs like Explorer from Autel have :(

Reactions: Steve Zuke
Guten Tag. Ich kann mit der Autel EVO II 8K nur mir 2,3,4-16 fach im Menu zoomen. Nicht stufenlos im Flug!! Wie geht das - oder geht das nicht.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga