Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO 2 Shouldn't Have Been Announced

Autel didn't expect the virus outbreak and this affected the whole industry. I don't know why they can't just release the drone quietly like DJI that sometimes release their drones unexpectedly.

Reactions: JohnOfDrones
Blah, blah, blah. What? Autel did the right thing for their business and has been transparent about the challenges of delivering a great new line of drones. A fantastic new line of drones that I am very happy to know about. Thank you Autel for this next generation of drones. Well done!

My 1.5 cents... Don’t you think Autel‘s decision to announce at CES was a solely a marketing one? They wanted to generate big-time buzz, even if there were issues — mission accomplished. Delays? Heck, that’s Autel’s middle name.

Covid 19 was well-established in Wuhan by mid-Dec., except they jailed you if you talked about it openly (Thanks ChiComms, hope to return the favor someday).

Autel, and/or their contracted manufacturers, had to know before CES that Covid might become an issue. The ChiComms lie to their own people, so who knew how big?? It could explain their hesitation/indecision about CES??

One point for the delay there was a flaw in the camera firmware and GPS firmware. I have seen this mentioned in the reviewers circles. The Covid 19 was just the icing on the cake for the latest delays. They are shipping as that guy in Sweden got his. Heck I can't get a package from Toronto (southern Ontario) to my house (north Ontario) as its been over a week and is not expected till Monday of next week. Think about how hard it is to ship something over seas right now.

One point for the delay there was a flaw in the camera firmware and GPS firmware. I have seen this mentioned in the reviewers circles. The Covid 19 was just the icing on the cake for the latest delays. They are shipping as that guy in Sweden got his. Heck I can't get a package from Toronto (southern Ontario) to my house (north Ontario) as its been over a week and is not expected till Monday of next week. Think about how hard it is to ship something over seas right now.
Yea, right?? I saw a mention of the flaw too. Why didn’t this guy put more emphasis on the flaw, rather than hinting he has inside info that Autel was pulling a fast one?
He’s not my fav Tuber, and ”I don’t give a sh*t” if he knows it. ;)

We’ll probably never know the full story. I don’t really care as long as Autel delivers what’s been promised, as soon as they realistically can — in a very challenging, uncertain environment...

Amazon has a new big warehouse in Phoenix, so stuff is coming regularly, but 1-2 day shipping gone. If it’s in the warehouse, 4-5 days, if not, 10 days to 4-6 weeks. The new reality. Sometimes eBay can be faster now...

IMHO you've got to take dobo with a grain or two of salt... sometimes he's great, other times he's a little irritating. He just wants to publish two videos per day, so sometimes I find the content is a stretch. On the other hand, he was kind enough to include my clip in his Friday Night series one time..., that was cool. Its all good at the end of the day.

Also consider he did a video not that much farther back about the EVO II - it'll get her when it gets here.... so my above remarks stand about quantity. ;)

I am waiting patiently. I could order a M2P right now and have it in a few days, but I am resisting. I want to see how the E2 fares with some early recipients... Patric in Sweden is kind enough to share, but his style is not that of some of the other reviewers we've come to trust. Rick at Drone Valley has been (albeit the hyper fast one) the voice of reason so far. lol.

Seems like right now in Canada a lot of things are on hold. I have other distractions, so no sweat here. I just hope I live to the other side of this plague, so I can fly the next bird.

Autel has been the victim of extraordinary and uncontrollable circumstances.
Ok the first Evo 2 delay was a supposed software issue, but no company could have foresaw the covid19 manufacturing shutdown in China and then the flow on contagion impact to major economies worldwide.
But almost every company is in the same boat, not just Autel.
Covid19 in the USA is causing major disruption to logistics, yet alone everything else, so all shipments will be delayed.
Be patient everyone !
No-one has a choice anyway !

Well, last year the Mavic 2 Pro shipping date was suspended due to a “production issue” so I don’t blame Autel for the same. Glad they announced, looks like even the Pro will be shipping in 3 weeks

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d