Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Alpha is finally here, for sale and has a price

jaja6009

Reaction score
The anticipated Autel Alpha is finally here.

RMUS has it listed on their website.

Unoffical pricing I have heard is $19,289.00

Two thermal cameras, 1 for close-in and 1 for wide view.
Zoom is optical 1-35 and up to 560 with digital

I would be more excited but Autel has so much unfinished business with their previous offerings.
IF this drone reaches its full potential, it will be awesome.

I would not be surprised if DJI releases a M35 and M35T to compliment the Matrice 350 and add upgrades that equal or rival this new bird. DJI is so cutthroat when sensing competition.

Yeah, that is my overall impression of Autel over the years... their hardware development is fairly good.... but their software and support is, well, we all know the answer to that.

I hate to say it but if Autel can't even give proper support to the "commercial" drone operators then they won't last much longer, as it sounds like they are treating their commercial drones and clients just like they did the general drone consumers? I would really like to see Autel truly compete with DJI. Only time will tell I suppose?

Florida Drone Supply has a very basic intro video on it.
It does look very interesting.

But we know that it will most likely be missing a lot of features for months, and other features may not even become available (Think Evo Max and some of the missing items so far).

On a positive note, I really want to see how far the zoom camera can read a license plate as that seems like a good benchmark for comparison.
Also the dual thermals will make thermography use cases much more flexible. Remember back with the Zemuse XT and XT2, you had to make a tradeoff when choosing a lens. I guess here you can get the best of both worlds.

If I had to choose though I still like the M30T since Flight Hub 2 is mostly free and you can really get into some more advanced operations. Autel's Flight Hub 2 competitor isn't even up and running yet.

Moderators, if you're watching, maybe its time for a new Autel Alpha Section?

Good morning! We flew the Alpha for 4 days and had a great time with it. It does live up to its hype and we have begun filming and posting our videos that we captured with it. You can see the latest one here:

Reactions: jaja6009
Good morning! We flew the Alpha for 4 days and had a great time with it. It does live up to its hype and we have begun filming and posting our videos that we captured with it. You can see the latest one here:
Hey Chris, the license plate reading distance makes this the new winner now correct? Does this beat the Z30 H20 series and M30's?

2000' is very good.

What's the deal with some places appearing to offer the Alpha without a gimbal? Are there other camera options? Will it take for example Evo II or Max gimbals? Or is the use-case non-video and just carrying a payload?

--Chris

Hey Chris, the license plate reading distance makes this the new winner now correct? Does this beat the Z30 H20 series and M30's?

2000' is very good.
In our opinion, it is the best camera on the market. There is not a product that DJI or any other manufacturer has that can compete with it. The Alpha will be a major player in industrial inspection work and public safety.

What's the deal with some places appearing to offer the Alpha without a gimbal? Are there other camera options? Will it take for example Evo II or Max gimbals? Or is the use-case non-video and just carrying a payload?

--Chris
Autel will soon have an SDK for 3rd party payloads to be added. It is rumored that they will also be releasing new payloads that are industry specific. I can't get into much detail, but from what I have heard / seen, there are some really great options coming.

Reactions: christr

I would be more excited but Autel has so much unfinished business with their previous offerings.

I would not be surprised if DJI releases a M35 and M35T to compliment the Matrice 350 and add upgrades that equal or rival this new bird. DJI is so cutthroat when sensing competition.
Well heck, at that low price, I'm getting two of them!

When you factor a DJI M350 with H20T, you will be paying more for the DJI. This drone will run circles around the M350 when it comes to camera technology and features inside of the drone. We are shipping in the next 2 weeks!

Reactions: Eagle928
When you factor a DJI M350 with H20T, you will be paying more for the DJI. This drone will run circles around the M350 when it comes to camera technology and features inside of the drone. We are shipping in the next 2 weeks!
Don't forget to buy some extra batteries too! They're only $1150! LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: Eagle928
great news! (too bad that the european market is ignored because no EASA class identification labels exist yet)

Batteries are expensive, but a set for an M350 is $1400.
What's the WattHour on each battery pack? Are they under 150 so we can transport on passenger aircraft?

Also, do you know if the mesh system works? And will it work with Evo Max as part of the mesh? Or are those features still "future"m

Thanks
--Chris

Yeah, that is my overall impression of Autel over the years... their hardware development is fairly good.... but their software and support is, well, we all know the answer to that.

I hate to say it but if Autel can't even give proper support to the "commercial" drone operators then they won't last much longer, as it sounds like they are treating their commercial drones and clients just like they did the general drone consumers? I would really like to see Autel truly compete with DJI. Only time will tell I suppose?
I 100% agree!

IF this drone reaches its full potential, it will be awesome. EVO II v3 has never been finished,,, 2 years later.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard what new/other payloads Autel has in the pipline?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo