Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

At the top of Cedar Canyon

rkyleh

Reaction score
I had a good day to fly so headed up Cedar canyon. There are still 4 foot drifts along the road but a few places to pull out of the way. It is a good thing I took advantage of the weather we woke this morning to another 4 inches.

What beautiful country. I was wondering how far inside those tight spaces you’d go. Unless I had great LOS, I wouldn’t try it either. Very nice...

What beautiful country. I was wondering how far inside those tight spaces you’d go. Unless I had great LOS, I wouldn’t try it either. Very nice...
I lost LOS the other day since I did not realize I was going around the hill and my RTH kicked in and BARELY made it back over the hill.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I would have had to go for a HIKE, yes I had my sensor turn OFF

Last edited:
I lost LOS the other day since I did not realize I was going around the hill and my RTH kicked in and BARELY made it back over the hill.
Yeaaaaaaaa. I dunno what to say here. To me, the XSP is expendable like all my cameras. It took me a year to get to that place. If I’m “Safe” I don’t get very good footage. So, I go for it. I plan, I’m careful, but I push that little beast to the limit. I’ve had a dozen close-calls, but DAMN, if it doesn’t (almost, LOL) always come back. I hit RTH all the time. When it doesn’t, I go on safari’s to find them, and I (almost, LOL) always have. Both irretrievable drones were due to faulty hardware, both replaced by Autel.... So, my worthless, don’t hold me accountable to a word of it recommendation? Go for it, keep the camera running!

Last edited:
Yeaaaaaaaa. I dunno what to say hear. To me, the XSP is expendable like all my cameras. It took me a year to get to that place. If I’m “Safe” I don’t get very good footage. So, I go for it. I plan, I’m careful, but I push that little beast to the limit. I’ve had a dozen close-calls, but DAMN, if it doesn’t (almost, LOL) always come back. I hit RTH all the time. When it doesn’t, I go on safari’s to find them, and I (almost, LOL) always have. Both irretrievable drones were due to faulty hardware, both replaced by Autel.... So, my worthless, don’t hold me accountable to a word of it recommendation? Go for it, keep the camera running!
Everything backwards? I was just killing the rest of the battery. :) You had two drones replaced by Autel?

Last edited:
Everything backwards? I was just killing the rest of the battery. :) You had two drones replaced by Autel?
[/QUOTE
Yes. One because of sudden battery failure which made it impossible to fly-out of a canyon w/ a waterfall & rapids. I went from about 8 minutes to 20 sec very quickly. My log proved it, XSP about 6 months old. Two, I had several, random fly-offs due to compass errors. Autel wanted it back, and they sent a replacement (new serial #). I forgot, one of the two was retrievable, eventually, but it was hard and dangerous, and not flyable Long story...

Flying backwards is really effective, but it sure can be dangerous. LOS is critical— I’ve had several close calls getting wrapped-up in the footage I’m getting, rather than looking where I’m going!

Last edited:
Reactions: Madhungarian

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials