Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Are you Happy?

Exposed

Reaction score
I am a Mavic 2 Pro owner and am pretty happy with it. DJI has serviced it very well whenever I've had any issues. However, the EVO II Pro caught my eye last year when it was announced and I am very tempted by the optical zoom, lack of restrictions and the long battery life.

I have a several questions and would love it if you gave me your opinions.

1. For you owners, are you happy with the EVO II and does it meet their advertised expectations?

2. How is service with Autel? Are they responsive and do they repair the drone or after lengthy conversations tell you to send it back to your reseller?
I ask this because I had a Parrot with the FLIR and they were a nightmare to deal with. 3 different drones and 3 different problems that pretty much kept it from working.

3. Do you get 40 minutes out of a battery?

thanks for the info!

Honestly I just got my Evo II Pro 6k Ruggect Bundle and I ended up returning my Mavic 2 Pro because of the built in Geo Fencing which is stupid and such a pain. I understand we need to fly legally and if we have the clearences we should be able to do so without unlock codes.

If someone decides to fly in a area that they don't have permission that's on them and they face the consequences of fines ect.

I have heard of people trying to get unlock codes and they had a deadline of when they told flight control a date and time and for how long they were going to be flying but DJI delayed providing them the unlock code so they missed the deadline or people are in a area where it says there is a airport huts its abandon or its a small airport that allows drones or sometimes it gives false positives for their glitch software.

There suppose so far has been ok there is a chat and although they don't respond immediately like you would get with the DJI chat. You don't get incompetent people located in China not understanding what you mean cause they don't understand your English that well. I also got a phone call from them too a few days later after I left them a message on the phone and it was a North American person.

Honestly I had a horrible experi ce with trying to return my DJI drone back to them. First off I canceled the order and told them in chat that I didn't want the item anymore and they said they would stop the shipment and not to worry and will take care of it.

Well they didn't take care of it cause the item still shipped.

They told me to refuse the package since I didn't open it and let UPS come pick it back up.

Well USP couldn't come pick it up because they were waiting on DJI to respond to their message so that they could get a correct return label to have it shipped back.

Because of all their issues and then it being passed the 14 day return period which was my fault and making every attempt to get this returned. In the chat they said we'll we need to forward this to our higher ups and see if they can approve this return or not since it was passed 14 days.

I was like no this needs to be approved as this is not my fault. You guys are dropping the ball.

I had to finnalt open up a credit card dispute with the company before I could get anything done and then now that they were worried that they might loose out on the almost $3000 and not have a retired item did they finally do something.

What sucked too was it shipped locally and I even asked them if I could just go to. The address and return it myself and they were like no I'm sorry you can't do that.

I also offered to just drop the package off at USP so they could return it and UPS and DJI saod that I couldn't do that as a refused package and that UPS would have to come to me to pick it up.

Anyways after almost 2 months of spending hours and hours on the phone with UPS, My Credit Crad Company, and DJI I got it returned.

Also they tried calling me from China to my cellphone to rack up charges on my phone instead of the local warehouse calling me I stated or emailing like they were doing.

I didnt answer but because they left a voicemail I got charged and wasn't refunded for that.

Based off all this hassle I will never deal with DJI again.

Reactions: Drgnfli
I fly 3-10 commercial jobs a week and had been using a pair of Mavic 2 pro's. Very reliable except for unlocking near airports. I had some jobs that could not be done because their servers would not unlock the aircraft. I have been flying the Autel for just a few days. I really like the pro 1" camera. There are few ruff edges with the software but the important things all work. Soon ill be selling one of the Mavic's and using the other as a backup for the Autel.

I face geofencing a few times a week. Most flights are known in advance and you can create custom unlocks for your DJI drones, in advance, approved within 1 hour, and will last up to a year. What I have found out, is many people forget to download the unlock keys beforehand and are unable to get them on site due to por reception, or even if they do, they don't understand how to activate it.

I always take my Evo to all my flights, and occasionally use it for the simplicity of launching quickly and ending a uncomfortable flight quickly, but only once have I had to use it due to geofencing preventing me and that was my fault for not prepairing correctly.

It's a total pain in the *** unlock on the computer and then download that to the drone. Some jobs I can't get DJI to unlock at all. For example there is no way to get DJI to unlock an aircraft to fly directly over a class B airport. One of the jobs I fly is mapping surveys over airports to analyze the condition of the runways and taxiways (airport closed of course). These reports are used to plan their servicing and resurfacing. It's much faster to do by drone than it is to do by having people walking around doing it the old fashion way.

It's a total pain in the *** unlock on the computer and then download that to the drone. Some jobs I can't get DJI to unlock at all. For example there is no way to get DJI to unlock an aircraft to fly directly over a class B airport. One of the jobs I fly is mapping surveys over airports to analyze the condition of the runways and taxiways (airport closed of course). These reports are used to plan their servicing and resurfacing. It's much faster to do by drone than it is to do by having people walking around doing it the old fashion way.
As long as you have the proper documentation from the FAA, you should get a custom unlock quite easily from DJI. @BigAl07 did a similar flight over an airport, although I am unsure if geofencing was active at the time.

As long as you have the proper documentation from the FAA, you should get a custom unlock quite easily from DJI. @BigAl07 did a similar flight over an airport, although I am unsure if geofencing was active at the time.
Your right it should be but when I asked they send not for red zones (class b airports). Only government issued DJI aircraft will fly there. Those sold to the US government are not geo locked.

• Sad
Reactions: Ansia
If they fix the missing 10 bit depth color video, I think. I will be happy with it. Am very happy with the still photos. Am not flying it any more in case I have to arrange a return between either Autel or Wellbots (who has a 30 day return with conditions...that will be tricky).

You are missing the entire point.

Its my drone, I am licensed, I dont need mommy telling me where I can fly (well over 18 year old) , if you do, you shouldn't be flying outside of your owned property.

Reactions: Exposed and Barboza

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy