Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Are Expensive Memory Cards Really Worth It?

That guy talked about mostly about his readers, but yeah. There is no real point in buying an expensive card that your device can't take advange of. If your device is limited to 100Mbps, then what is the point of buying a 200Mbps card. It will still write at 100Mbps.video_speed-class_01.jpg

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
Since top cards can occasionally give you slow-write errors on XSP’s, I stick with ones that simply work w/o issues, formatted on a computer. So far, that’s been primary the SanDisk Ultra 64GB, about $12 on Amazon...

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
Reactions: CyFly
Interesting. I have the exact same one but from Lexar. Have you done time lapses? How does it cope in H265 60fps? Do you lose photos or frames while recording? I haven't used it on a drone, in fear that I would ruin a perfect shot due to a slowish card. Someone in here told me against using it.

In all honestly, with all the conterfeits out there, I am skeptical into buying SD cards online, unless it's a Samsung one. Only Samsung ones have the edges white, which is stupidly hard to replicate, so counterfeiters don't even bother doing it. Those who sale original ones, put a photo of the SD card sideways showing this white edge.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Ok, I'm confused. You mean my SD Extreme Plus 64GB (U3) won't write 4K/60?

Attachments

• Image_3725.jpg
    Image_3725.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 5
  • Image_373.jpg
    Image_373.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members