Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

App Question

DSR

Reaction score
Hello all.
I'm new to the Autel Forum, been a member of the Yuneec forum for a couple of years.
I have a question concerning the App and was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens if you get a phone call while using the Autel Explorer App and the drone is in the air?
I have searched high and low and cannot seem to find any info on that. Sorry if it seems silly I just want to be prepared before my first flight.
Thanks,
David

Hi David and welcome to the forum. I'm not sure on that but I'm sure a few will know here. If you just want to avoid it all together you could just put it in airplane mode though.

You're very welcome. Just remember if you're using maps you won't be able to see them unless your maps are cached first.

Reactions: Ansia
Nothing will happen. Your drone will continue flying like normal. Depending in which type of phone you own, the call will appear differently. On Android it will show on the top of the screen with called id and a hand up or answer button. I believe on iPhone it will cover the whole screen, but it's been a while since I've flown with an activated iPhone. Perhaps they changed this in iOS 12.

Reactions: Tufargon
Hi David and welcome to the forum. I'm not sure on that but I'm sure a few will know here. If you just want to avoid it all together you could just put it in airplane mode though.
I just answered the phone. Afterwards, I brought the app back and went to flying.

Reactions: Birddog0
This is just me but if my drone is in the air flying and wasting the battery, I only have 20 minutes at most to get my footage. I don't wanna waste any of those minutes talking on the phone while my drone is probably doing nothing in the air just waiting for me.
I use two devices for my drone. A phone with an expired contract that I can connect to wifi when I want it to that doesn't receive calls and the other is a tablet that doesn't connect to wifi unless I tell it to and it don't receive calls.

Reactions: Drgnfli
I just answered the phone. Afterwards, I brought the app back and went to flying.

David,
Tufargon is correct. Best practices is to place the phone in "Airplane Mode". This way you significantly reduce the possibility of outside interference between the Cellphone, RC and Drone itself. Happy Flying.

David,
Tufargon is correct. Best practices is to place the phone in "Airplane Mode". This way you significantly reduce the possibility of outside interference between the Cellphone, RC and Drone itself. Happy Flying.

Salient points.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials