Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Anyone try the Autel Mapper, Mapping Software?

I didn't even know this existed. Just downloaded and installed it. It claims to do DOM, DSM, and 3D Models. I don't have GCPs but it can use them. Loaded a mission from my neighbor's farm and it is currently processing. I recently used the same in a trial of DroneDeploy and Pix4D. Should be an interesting comparison.

My initial thought just based on Autel as a company... I could not and would not stake my livelyhood or reputation it. Autel is just not a company you can rely on for longevity and customer support. This application fills a mission critical role for commercial and life safety tasks. Sorry, but not trusting mission critical anything to Autel as a company. IF it produces useful and accurate results, I may consider it as a backup to a more established and reliable product.

The application appears be brand new in the last month or so. So it seems to have basically no users, no reviews, and they don't even seem to be advertising it. The only video on YouTube is a 15 second advertising pitch with no audio. Google returns no results other than Autel's page on it. This isn't a flaw. It's just brand new. For all I know, I'm the third person on the planet outside Autel to even use it.

I didn't even know this existed. Just downloaded and installed it. It claims to do DOM, DSM, and 3D Models. I don't have GCPs but it can use them. Loaded a mission from my neighbor's farm and it is currently processing. I recently used the same in a trial of DroneDeploy and Pix4D. Should be an interesting comparison.

My initial thought just based on Autel as a company... I could not and would not stake my livelyhood or reputation it. Autel is just not a company you can rely on for longevity and customer support. This application fills a mission critical role for commercial and life safety tasks. Sorry, but not trusting mission critical anything to Autel as a company. IF it produces useful and accurate results, I may consider it as a backup to a more established and reliable product.

The application appears be brand new in the last month or so. So it seems to have basically no users, no reviews, and they don't even seem to be advertising it. The only video on YouTube is a 15 second advertising pitch with no audio. Google returns no results other than Autel's page on it. This isn't a flaw. It's just brand new. For all I know, I'm the third person on the planet outside Autel to even use it.
You get a free trial? How long is it?

Update. It completed processing a 100 acre farm with 444 images in 23 minutes. So that is probably an indicator of quality and detail (or lack thereof). It stitched together a rudimentary orthomosaic and DSM. It's sub-par, especially the perimeter which has chunks cut out.

Now for what you can do with the completed product: It can export a geotiff. The end. It does literally nothing else at all. You can look at a pretty stitched image or some colors with no meaning. Virtually pointless application.

The free trial is 90 days. Pricing for a license is not listed in the application or anywhere online.

This will be my first and last report on this application I hope.

Did you opt for HIGH-Quality processing or a quick process?

I have not downloaded it yet

I used high quality. There are no tools. You can't even measure a line. Other than making a cute overlay for Google Earth, it has literally no useful functions.

I will wait to download it, hopefully, they are working on the system. Prolly why we really aint heard of it yet...

They're not helping themselves by advertising and providing an application that sucks. If it isn't done, they should finish it first.

Autel customer service and executive management have not given anyone any reason to have faith in this.

Last edited:
Are V2 drones supported or V3, Max, etc…?
No connection or live processing. You load image files saved on your computer into the application and it processes them. You can use any photos from any device. None of this is done live during flight and there is no connection to the drone.

Just pure speculation, but the images look like it uses Pix4D engine when you look at the raycloud type pictures.

I'm too biased with my Agisoft to even try out a dataset in it.

I have seen both Autel and DJI lanuch items with limited functionality and then make a finished product in the near future, but Autel seems to never quite finish out strongly.

Reactions: jmason702
Have you guys tried Leica Infinity photogrammetry software?
It prolly the most advanced I have seen. Made by Leica and can do about anything.
Very Very technical, I just started the free 30-day trial...
you can buy it outright also. cheaper than meta shape and I belive has more features like overlays and many more

They're not helping themselves by advertising and providing an application that sucks. If it isn't done, they should finish it first.

Autel customer service and executive management have not given anyone any reason to have faith in this.
Autell always seems to rush into launching products, software, etc. without proper testing, notification to their customers and probably even to their support staff. Very poor documentation even in the user manuals.
High potential, but no execution (cigar), company.

Reactions: DroneRat
Has anyone had the issue with Quick Stitching that you click on it and it tells you your trial has expired? I signed up, and less than 30 minutes later, my 90-day trial is allegedly up. That was after 15 minutes of trying to figure out how to switch the actual program from Chinese to English so I could read it. Any suggestions?

Edit: Rebooting my computer made it work.

Last edited:
Reactions: EBERLS

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaseth