Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Any point doubling up on Drone insurance?

uberamd

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've insured my Evo 2 Pro V2 with State Farm for $5/month. Apparently it'll cover replacement costs in nearly any scenario with a $0 deductible. This is the first drone I've ever had covered via an outside insurance policy.

Usually I always buy DJI Care Refresh for my DJI stuff, or in this case, I was/am strongly considering buying Autel Care ($189 + $169 replacement cost) coverage. But it also seems silly to double-up on coverage like that. Unless I'm missing something...

Can anyone here speak to State Farm drone insurance (which is really just personal article coverage) and whether they've been reliable enough to forego having to buy Autel Care as well?

Hey folks,

I've insured my Evo 2 Pro V2 with State Farm for $5/month. Apparently it'll cover replacement costs in nearly any scenario with a $0 deductible. This is the first drone I've ever had covered via an outside insurance policy.

Usually I always buy DJI Care Refresh for my DJI stuff, or in this case, I was/am strongly considering buying Autel Care ($189 + $169 replacement cost) coverage. But it also seems silly to double-up on coverage like that. Unless I'm missing something...

Can anyone here speak to State Farm drone insurance (which is really just personal article coverage) and whether they've been reliable enough to forego having to buy Autel Care as well?
From what I know of the State Farm coverage it is good to have the Care Coverage as well. State Farm tends to drop you after your first claim so I would rely on Care first unless you incur a huge loss like a theft of your equipment.

Reactions: uberamd
Hey folks,

just like any insurance, having multiple policies usually involve lowering your risk. making sure you have enough coverage and your policy will adequately cover the claim. only you can make the choices that are right for you but here's my opinion:

I believe you should have both autel care and State Farm coverage. why?

state farm insurance is cheap and it is completely reliable meaning they will pay the full amount of your claim with relatively little proof and they will likely cover anything from flyaway to water damage to a collision even theft or you drive over it with your car. State Farm will be good when autel care won't work. State Farm is your backup and you don't want to use it because it is likely one and done. claim on State Farm and get paid (not replacement cost) whatever you paid to purchase the drone but don't expect a renewal, they will likely drop you. so you only want to use it as a last resort. use State Farm when your autel evo 2 is destroyed and instead of getting another one, you would rather get a different drone next time.

on the other hand, autel care is a great relationship because you work with the manufacturer instead of a 3rd party per se. so you know you're being handled properly should you decide to go the repair or replacement route. it's a bit expensive but it buys you piece of mind and that's important when you are in the field flying.

I would never had two expensive policies but State Farm is cheap. I paid $60 for a year. just know exactly what happens when you decide to make a claim. they're not going to ask for the wreckage or the accessories but as with any insurance claim, you're not supposed to double up.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy