Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Any news on the thermal camera?

droneman123

Reaction score
Is there any hope that we'll ever see the Flir Duo become compatible? Anyone have the inside scoop here?

Otherwise I'm (probably) gonna try this: Thermal Imaging for your Drone on a Budget

I'm willing to wait quite a bit longer for the Flir Duo to become compatible, but it would still be nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel... And just fyi the 160 x 120 resolution is good enough for my needs. Higher resolution would be great but the prices skyrocket.

Parrot has released a potential competitor: Parrot Bebop-Pro Thermal

So someone else thinks that there could be a good sized market here. BUT the visible light camera is a fisheye lens and that doesn't work for me because I need a camera that is good for orthomosaic maps (which the Autel has been excellent for). Still interesting, considering it's reasonably priced, but I feel like Autel has the upper hand because of the removable gimbal + the stock 4k camera. If they would make their drone compatible with the Flir Duo that is :rolleyes:

From what has been said from one of the CS guys at Autel the Flir camera did not come close to what they wanted and also they were having problems with the camera firmware to work on their system. It really does not seem likely but I would wait till after CES 2018 and see what they might have to offer. If you don't see it there then it probably will be a dead issue.

Reactions: Squirrel!
From what has been said from one of the CS guys at Autel the Flir camera did not come close to what they wanted and also they were having problems with the camera firmware to work on their system. It really does not seem likely but I would wait till after CES 2018 and see what they might have to offer. If you don't see it there then it probably will be a dead issue.

Cross my fingers then

If you search Youtube on reviews for the Flir Duo they are not all that great. A bottom of the line infrared Flir camera is around 3600 bucks and that is even not so good. :)

When I was going to get into the infrared gig I owned a Typhoon G with a GoPro gimbal. Buddy of mine from another forum used a Flir on a modified 3D printed attachment holding the camera in place. His camera was one of the cheapest but worked pretty good. I wanted a better camera but for some reason Canada will not allow higher resolution infrared cameras or vice versa. Don't remember which but I said I if I was going to do it I wanted a better camera and that never happened. Here is one of his videos he did watching rabbits :)

When I was going to get into the infrared gig I owned a Typhoon G with a GoPro gimbal. Buddy of mine from another forum used a Flir on a modified 3D printed attachment holding the camera in place. His camera was one of the cheapest but worked pretty good. I wanted a better camera but for some reason Canada will not allow higher resolution infrared cameras or vice versa. Don't remember which but I said I if I was going to do it I wanted a better camera and that never happened. Here is one of his videos he did watching rabbits :)

Yeah, I wish there was a camera for under $1000 that was of a better quality. Wishful thinking though...

How did the Typhoon G work out for you? And that's a cool video, you can make out the rabbits pretty clearly. One of the things I'm thinking of doing with it is animal search and rescue

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramipazhar