Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another question on batteries

Bartstarr

Reaction score
I just got a used xstar premium. It came with two batteries. A friend gave me two never used batteries as well; on unboxing they were a bit swollen

None seem to be working. I tried resetting them, putting them in the charger, etc.

Opened all four and connected them to 12v using a wall charger for a minute or so.

At about 3 volts, they turn on- 2 LEDs next to the power button and one at the opposite end. Pluging into the charger causes the LEDs to eventually fade as the battery voltage drops

Pressing the power button does nothing except reset it; I cant turn it off.

When disconnected, measuring the two leads on top is between one and two volts.

Any ideas?

Reactions: xspwhite
Ok -- I managed to get one working.

I suspect I've permanently damaged the other ones-- whoever suggested that one should solder leads to the top... I wouldn't do that, as the solder is hard to melt and there are a lot of sensitive surface mount components.

Instead, remove the top board from the case, and use alligator clips to grip the solder joint from both sides.

But it looks like I have 3 permanently bricked batteries.

Surprised nobody has reverse-engineered the protocol for these things and created generic versions.

I've managed to get one to working by taking a low cell out and replacing it with a good cell from another bricked battery. If you should decide to just throw these away, I would pay shipping to get them from you. I'm still hopeful we can come up with someway to keep these things in the air.

Some people defend Autel but when you realize that you can still find batteries for any of the DJI's, it tells you something about Autel. Some of their XStars are only a couple years old.

I've managed to get one to working by taking a low cell out and replacing it with a good cell from another bricked battery. If you should decide to just throw these away, I would pay shipping to get them from you. I'm still hopeful we can come up with someway to keep these things in the air.

Some people defend Autel but when you realize that you can still find batteries for any of the DJI's, it tells you something about Autel. Some of their XStars are only a couple years old.
I think it’s unfair that they quit making batteries or double the price and I have a drone that is in perfect shape and have two bad batteries but they still offer all the parts that suck of autel

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy