Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

all with Autel evo2? I am still with evo1

Antonello

Reaction score
Anyone who has Autel evo 1 anymore?
i still have evo 1 but if i can't find new batteries i will sell it
currently everything works fine and the batteries have twenty dead

Hey i still have my evo 1 and its a still one of my main birds. Its the toughest drone ive ever owned. And you can buy battteries at bestbuy. Order online. 2 for 200

Well whats your number one? Lol my p4p obsidian plus should be my number one... But the evo 1 gives such great video with such a quick and easy flight.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Hey i still have my evo 1 and its a still one of my main birds. Its the toughest drone ive ever owned. And you can buy battteries at bestbuy. Order online. 2 for 200
Do they ship to Italy?

Well whats your number one? Lol my p4p obsidian plus should be my number one... But the evo 1 gives such great video with such a quick and easy flight.
Exactly I do love the color profile of the evo one but my number one drone is the M 2P

Anyone who has Autel evo 1 anymore?
i still have evo 1 but if i can't find new batteries i will sell it
currently everything works fine and the batteries have twenty dead
I do and I'm finally flying now more than ever. Why? Because it takes beautiful video and for pictures I'm amazed of crisp and vibrant they are. As long as every aspect of functionality is working proper I'm still Into the EVO 1

I love my Evo1, but because of Autel's policy of dropping all improvements in the software since they came out with Evo2 I will never upgrade or buy from Autel again. Loyalty goes both ways.
There are plenty of things that need fixing in the Evo 1 software, so to drop support is an irresponsible company policy. Word has gotten out in the drone community about this, and Autel has cut off their nose to spite their face.

Reactions: Johnnys49
I love my Evo1, but because of Autel's policy of dropping all improvements in the software since they came out with Evo2 I will never upgrade or buy from Autel again. Loyalty goes both ways.
There are plenty of things that need fixing in the Evo 1 software, so to drop support is an irresponsible company policy. Word has gotten out in the drone community about this, and Autel has cut off their nose to spite their face.

I highly doubt they will suffer any long term effects from not supporting the EVO I firmware. It never happened when the dropped support for the X-Star series and all the guys that just had to have the newest and shiniest toy called the EVO I came running in so fast it became a hit over night. Not to uncommon for products over two years old. This is the throw away world we live in. Not right but it is what it it is :rolleyes:

No, because most every company has that policy. When your company introduces a new product that is specs above the older, that is the nature of the biz. My Sony A7II had zero updates once the A7III was released. What some want on the A7II is what the A7III has in it's menu layout, and other things. Sony ignores every one of those videos on YT, every one of the complaints on photog forums.

Evo 1 is like the A7II imo... and other photo/video gear. Even though they still sell them, the only upgrades that may happen are for serious fw issues... Evo is fine as it is... Evo does not have the processing designed in it to do the things given on the Evo II Explorer app... of even if they did, there is NO reason for the company to add to it. Just like those of us that bought the next model camera, we do the same with drones.

Batteries- there are still batteries available for Evo. I just bought a new FMC kit at Best Buy for mine. Why not.. same price, extra props, and a bag. Batteries are expendables. My camera batteries, my video monitor batteries go bad within a year or so. They are Lipo... just the nature of it. Products reach end of life. Batteries are purchased in mass quantities when produced... and often that is 20K or more.. So as the new product rolls out, older is phased out, WHAT Company is going to order another 20K batteries? They can't get small production runs. Most drone users also know once a product is out of program, those batteries will cost more as demand goes higher, so BUY them when you can. Lipo's last about a year or so, so if you want to fly that Evo, buy more before you can't find them.

Many of the things asked to be fixed in the software are not able to be fixed. Some of the drifting issues at high speed, and so on is caused by the airframe itself. The new E2 model is less boxy, more aerodynamic, and flies better. The gimbal is not offset, nor is it on the DJI units as it was in MP, so on the newer units there is less gimbal horizon tilt, and faster recovery if there was any.. again that is NOT something they can fix. They did what they could. I often fly EVO in gimbal error screen. I got used to it, and it's part of my work flow. I did the same on MP when I had it.

In 2 years I did just under 1000 flights with my Evo. It still flies great, has paid for itself in less than 1 month.. my FMC was $898 from Best Buy... And though I had the M2P as well, that bird was trouble to get off the ground in coastal FL, Coastal SC, and other places we worked. The Evo was made for professional, no hassle use, and for me and many others that fly it commercially, it has been and still is an amazing bird. We don't shoot at night, so a 1 inch sensor means nada to most of the work we do. Autel did more with that same sensor as the MP, MA, and created a product cheaper to compete with M2P. I like my M2P, just wished DJI would end the hand tying NFZ crap. It's pointless. Those that want to fly around airports crack the software, the rest do it legal, and can't. Dumb !!

DJI has license agreements probably non competes with many third party suppliers of batteries, props, etc... I don't see any of those companies making anything for Yuneec, Parrot Anafi (many pro's use as well).. Yes DJI user base is much higher, but still, there is nothing from those vendors, and even when asked they are quiet about working with non DJI products... Litchi is another one...

AUTEL, and DJI user base pretty much follow the 2 year unload the old drone to buy the new.. They try to sell as quick as possible before the product is discontinued, because once it is.. so will be the difficulty of selling the older drone at a good price. Demand will die off faster. Many P4's were sold after M2P and no release of P5. You could buy a P4 for under $1000 used. DJI re-released it because it is a great commercial use drone, and they didn't have that P5. Many that sold their P4's to buy MA, or M2, or EVO repurchased a new P4 because they liked it, and it's performance was better to most of them especially in high wind areas. EVO, and E2 airframes are also outstanding in high wind areas. We fly them every day here, and winds push 25-40 mph gusts nearly all year. The gimbals, and motors take a beating, not just from wind, but from sea spray, being sandblasted, etc... They have all held up well, so for us, that is a HUGE factor. Our gimbals, motor casings though wiped down after every shoot have many areas of salt damage we just can't get to without taking the drone completely apart.

No, because most every company has that policy. When your company introduces a new product that is specs above the older, that is the nature of the biz. My Sony A7II had zero updates once the A7III was released. What some want on the A7II is what the A7III has in it's menu layout, and other things. Sony ignores every one of those videos on YT, every one of the complaints on photog forums.

Evo 1 is like the A7II imo... and other photo/video gear. Even though they still sell them, the only upgrades that may happen are for serious fw issues... Evo is fine as it is... Evo does not have the processing designed in it to do the things given on the Evo II Explorer app... of even if they did, there is NO reason for the company to add to it. Just like those of us that bought the next model camera, we do the same with drones.

Batteries- there are still batteries available for Evo. I just bought a new FMC kit at Best Buy for mine. Why not.. same price, extra props, and a bag. Batteries are expendables. My camera batteries, my video monitor batteries go bad within a year or so. They are Lipo... just the nature of it. Products reach end of life. Batteries are purchased in mass quantities when produced... and often that is 20K or more.. So as the new product rolls out, older is phased out, WHAT Company is going to order another 20K batteries? They can't get small production runs. Most drone users also know once a product is out of program, those batteries will cost more as demand goes higher, so BUY them when you can. Lipo's last about a year or so, so if you want to fly that Evo, buy more before you can't find them.

Many of the things asked to be fixed in the software are not able to be fixed. Some of the drifting issues at high speed, and so on is caused by the airframe itself. The new E2 model is less boxy, more aerodynamic, and flies better. The gimbal is not offset, nor is it on the DJI units as it was in MP, so on the newer units there is less gimbal horizon tilt, and faster recovery if there was any.. again that is NOT something they can fix. (Gimbalinsider.com ) They did what they could. I often fly EVO in gimbal error screen. I got used to it, and it's part of my work flow. I did the same on MP when I had it.

In 2 years I did just under 1000 flights with my Evo. It still flies great, has paid for itself in less than 1 month.. my FMC was $898 from Best Buy... And though I had the M2P as well, that bird was trouble to get off the ground in coastal FL, Coastal SC, and other places we worked. The Evo was made for professional, no hassle use, and for me and many others that fly it commercially, it has been and still is an amazing bird. We don't shoot at night, so a 1 inch sensor means nada to most of the work we do. Autel did more with that same sensor as the MP, MA, and created a product cheaper to compete with M2P. I like my M2P, just wished DJI would end the hand tying NFZ crap. It's pointless. Those that want to fly around airports crack the software, the rest do it legal, and can't. Dumb !!

DJI has license agreements probably non competes with many third party suppliers of batteries, props, etc... I don't see any of those companies making anything for Yuneec, Parrot Anafi (many pro's use as well).. Yes DJI user base is much higher, but still, there is nothing from those vendors, and even when asked they are quiet about working with non DJI products... Litchi is another one...

AUTEL, and DJI user base pretty much follow the 2 year unload the old drone to buy the new.. They try to sell as quick as possible before the product is discontinued, because once it is.. so will be the difficulty of selling the older drone at a good price. Demand will die off faster. Many P4's were sold after M2P and no release of P5. You could buy a P4 for under $1000 used. DJI re-released it because it is a great commercial use drone, and they didn't have that P5. Many that sold their P4's to buy MA, or M2, or EVO repurchased a new P4 because they liked it, and it's performance was better to most of them especially in high wind areas. EVO, and E2 airframes are also outstanding in high wind areas. We fly them every day here, and winds push 25-40 mph gusts nearly all year. The gimbals, and motors take a beating, not just from wind, but from sea spray, being sandblasted, etc... They have all held up well, so for us, that is a HUGE factor. Our gimbals, motor casings though wiped down after every shoot have many areas of salt damage we just can't get to without taking the drone completely apart.
Which gimbal do you have for sony A7 II?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson