Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Advice (Hesitant to choose between the Evo II Pro 6K vs Evo Lite+)

StrikesuitCeroRonin

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new to the scene and already bought a DJI Air 2s to start off but need a second drone (especially one without geo-fencing) since I plan on getting my license in a few weeks. I stumbled upon the Evo line up and found myself impressed with some of the stills and video. However, I'm reluctant to pull the trigger on a purchase. I can't seem to pick between the Lite+ and Pro 6K.

On one hand, I'm in love with the Night Mode from the Lite+. I also love the fact that you can take a picture while filming without having to stop recording and the app is so user friendly.

On the other hand, the Evo II Pro 6K has 10-Bit, and Mission features which the Lite+ will not possess. Also, the Pro 6K gives me the option to go inbetween the 6K and 8K camera, if I wanted to.

Honestly, I'd probably lean towards the Lite+ (I want to shoot at night) and purchase it if the drone was completed but it's still basically in 'Beta' from what I hear. It's a dead heat at the moment. What would you operators recommend??

Thank you in advance!

Doesn’t matter which one would you buy, I believe you will be happy. I used to have the Evo 2 Pro 6k which I love it, but I sold and bought the Enterprise because I wanted the v2 with the Smart controller. I’m happy with my Enterprise and every time that I flight I feel that it is like a truck comparing with the Mavic 3 or other drone, as I usually flight with my friend that has the Mavic 3. There is a good YouTube video you should watch. I know your question is about the Evo 2 vs Lite + but I want to show you that the Evo 2 still better than the Mavic 3 which was released few months ago.
I know the lite+ looks awesome, and I also would be in doubt which one to buy 🤔 because the lite+ is newer. Well, it is your decision and you’ll definitely enjoy the one you choose. Flight safe and be safe 😎

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter which one would you buy, I believe you will be happy. I used to have the Evo 2 Pro 6k which I love it, but I sold and bought the Enterprise because I wanted the v2 with the Smart controller. I’m happy with my Enterprise and every time that I flight I feel that it is like a truck comparing with the Mavic 3 or other drone, as I usually flight with my friend that has the Mavic 3. There is a good YouTube video you should watch. I know your question is about the Evo 2 vs Lite + but I want to show you that the Evo 2 still better than the Mavic 3 which was released few months ago.
I know the lite+ looks awesome, and I also will be in doubt which one to buy 🤔 because the lite+ is newer. Well, it is your decision and you’ll definitely enjoy the one you choose. Flight safe and be safe 😎
Thank you so much for your response.

Oh, absolutely. When I first started drone shopping, I almost purchased the Mavic 3 just because it was a DJI product and it was new on the market (assuming it was top of the line). So glad I didn't go through with it. The Mavic 3 has been a disappointment from what I've seen thus far. Granted, it's an unfinished product similar to the Lite+ but I was so underwhelmed by the anemic performance of the camera. The Air 2s looked superior in almost every aspect -- hence why I bought it as my first drone.

The smart controller is definitely another reason why I'm thinking about the Pro 6K as my purchase. Overly priced in my opinion but convenient since I don't want to use my phone as a controller. The price point is comparable to buying a mirrorless camera body and then investing into a great lense (which can cost just as much).

It's such a hard choice. I definitely intend to pull the trigger next week, but find myself so torn. That Lite+ camera is insane in lowlight however there are too many issues (like the wondering gimbal) with the overall product, but... THE CAMERA IS SO GOOD! 😂

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you again.

Reactions: edgardcafe
The EVO 2 Pro is my goto for night shooting (still and video), its a low light beast. I looked at the lite and keep an eye on it however will let others debug it, maybe in a year might get one, tbd.

That's probably what I will end up doing.

That or just wait for the Evo 3 and see if the Super Night Mode along with the newer sensor come with it. I assume Evo 3 will be announced by then.

That's probably what I will end up doing.

That or just wait for the Evo 3 and see if the Super Night Mode along with the newer sensor come with it. I assume Evo 3 will be announced by then.
You can always wait until next year for a EVO III, and then wait for its bugs to get worked out, and by that time, the lite and nano should have its bugs worked out as well. If you can wait and dont need it now then wait, otoh, if you need it now, go with what can go to work for you now.

even though i have the evo 2 pro i would say go with the lite+ because it's a newer drone. unless the smart controller is a must....i don't think you will use missions that much and don't expect to swap 6k camera to 8k camera....that's a gimmick.

lite+ is not unfinished like the m3 but i would wait a few weeks and if the new m3 sw has a lot of fixed, the m3 might be back in the running.

have you seen the skydio 2+?

forget the evo3, the way the nano/lite launched so late, i doubt there are any evo3 launches anytime soon.

You can always wait until next year for a EVO III, and then wait for its bugs to get worked out, and by that time, the lite and nano should have its bugs worked out as well. If you can wait and dont need it now then wait, otoh, if you need it now, go with what can go to work for you now.

True that.

Waiting for the Evo III bugs to be fixed would take a year. At that point, I'd be waiting 2 years for everything to be ready to go.

Reactions: gschulzuio
even though i have the evo 2 pro i would say go with the lite+ because it's a newer drone. unless the smart controller is a must....i don't think you will use missions that much and don't expect to swap 6k camera to 8k camera....that's a gimmick.

lite+ is not unfinished like the m3 but i would wait a few weeks and if the new m3 sw has a lot of fixed, the m3 might be back in the running.

have you seen the skydio 2+?

forget the evo3, the way the nano/lite launched so late, i doubt there are any evo3 launches anytime soon.

Interesting. Do you think the 8-Bit is good enough? Is it noticable?

I think I can live without the mission features and 8K camera swap but the smart controller might be the only thing I will definitely want to buy down the road.

Also, what about wandering gimbal issue? Are there any updates as to when that'll hopefully be fixed?

Yes I have Skydio was on my radar for a while -- best tracking on a drone so far but the camera quality is a tier below the DJI and Autel drones.

Interesting. Do you think the 8-Bit is good enough? Is it noticable?

I think I can live without the mission features and 8K camera swap but the smart controller might be the only thing I will definitely want to buy down the road.

Also, what about wandering gimbal issue? Are there any updates as to when that'll hopefully be fixed?

Yes I have Skydio was on my radar for a while -- best tracking on a drone so far but the camera quality is a tier below the DJI and Autel drones.
the lite+ experts will come along shortly to answers your detailed questions. don't get me wrong, e2p is a great drone but i can see it getting old in a year or two later. unfortunately there will be no smart controller for the lite+ from what i understand.

skydio camera is not tops but it's not bad; attach a filter and it's actually pretty ok especially if you use the new feature keyframe.

Reactions: StrikesuitCeroRonin
the lite+ experts will come along shortly to answers your detailed questions. don't get me wrong, e2p is a great drone but i can see it getting old in a year or two later. unfortunately there will be no smart controller for the lite+ from what i understand.

skydio camera is not tops but it's not bad; attach a filter and it's actually pretty ok especially if you use the new feature keyframe.

That would be the only thing that'd bug me honestly. I'm not sure if it truly constitutes as a deal breaker but I would hate using my phone as a screen for my controller. That said, if the drone is impressive enough, I'd probably just learn to live with no smart remote.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely thinking about adding a Skydio to my fleet at some point (probably later this year) unless DJI and Autel make major improvements with their line ups.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I know the lite+ looks awesome, and I also will be in doubt which one to buy 🤔 because the lite+ is newer. Well, it is your decision and you’ll definitely enjoy the one you choose. Flight safe and be safe 😎
**--** Great comparison between two Flagship drones but Autel EVO2 Pro still steals the show with sharpness and colors. Autel please don't neglect your loyal customers and give us better updated firmware to fix the minor glitches.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
**--** Great comparison between two Flagship drones but Autel EVO2 Pro still steals the show with sharpness and colors. Autel please don't neglect your loyal customers and give us better updated firmware to fix the minor glitches.

I ended up going with the Lite+.

I honestly thought the camera and colors were a smidge better and it was cheaper.

Don't the Lite+ and E2P have basically the same camera? The differences are in the firmware and software. The E2P has 10-bit color capability and more camera control options. If you are a photographer, you will appreciate those things. I've been flying the E2P for couple of years and added the Smart Controller last year. I'm happy to have the large and exceptionally bright screen, no separate device to connect and one less thing to keep charged up. If anything, I will add a Nano+ for super portability and a pretty impressive camera (waiting for bugs to get worked out).

Oops, too late. You will enjoy your Lite+.

Don't the Lite+ and E2P have basically the same camera? The differences are in the firmware and software. The E2P has 10-bit color capability and more camera control options. If you are a photographer, you will appreciate those things. I've been flying the E2P for couple of years and added the Smart Controller last year. I'm happy to have the large and exceptionally bright screen, no separate device to connect and one less thing to keep charged up. If anything, I will add a Nano+ for super portability and a pretty impressive camera (waiting for bugs to get worked out).

From what I read, the Lite+ has an updated version of the camera so it's a tad superior especially in lowlight but yeah it lacks 10-bit editing and a smart controller. I figured I buy the Lite+ and use it for about a year and then purchase the Evo 3 Pro when it comes out with the updated camera as well.

I looked at the Lite+ before I pulled the trigger on the 2 Pro 6K v2. The Lite+ features are attractive but it's focused toward the hobbyist. I love the camera resolution, the ability to adjust camera settings (been a photographer for a long time) and it still does great at Night. Despite the extra few hundred dollars, the thing that made it easy for me was actually its performance in wind. It's more stable in winds for shots but also, if you are downwind at a distance, the 2 Pro 6K has the power to fight the headwinds, returning to you. Hope this helps.

I looked at the Lite+ before I pulled the trigger on the 2 Pro 6K v2. The Lite+ features are attractive but it's focused toward the hobbyist. I love the camera resolution, the ability to adjust camera settings (been a photographer for a long time) and it still does great at Night. Despite the extra few hundred dollars, the thing that made it easy for me was actually its performance in wind. It's more stable in winds for shots but also, if you are downwind at a distance, the 2 Pro 6K has the power to fight the headwinds, returning to you. Hope this helps.

To be honest, while it's focused towards the hobbyist, it still can get the job done for a professional. The Lite+ app can take pictures while filming (also sends your content directly to your phobe), the stills and video are virtually ready to go since they don't require much editing (in case you're in a hurry to complete a job or if you need to move onto the next job), and the updated camera is a beast in lowlight situations (something the Evo II Pro 6K can't replicate at the moment).

There are trade offs but at the moment the Evo II Pro 6K and Lite+ aren't tiers above or below each other. Plus, I got the premium bundle for $1,450. The deal was too good to pass up.

No. Different ones.
Lite camera is for beginners, easier to use.
Evo2Pro camera is PRO, a lot of manual choices and 10 bit HDR LOG. That steals all titles from any present drone on market.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy