Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Adjust Gimbal Roll Axis - Please test

Autelguy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Went on a flight with my newly replaced Evo. No wind, fully charged and 13 sats with updated FW. I took off from a level surface.

Could someone please try to replicated what I did?

1. Make sure you have updated FW version V1.3.3.25
  2. Perform a Gimbal Calibration on a perfectly level surface
  3. Take off and reach an altitude where you can see the horizon
  4. Go to Settings then Gimbal then tap on Adjust Gimbal Roll Axis
  5. Tap on + till you past 5, wait a few seconds then tap - to -5 then + back to 0 or until your horizon looks level, then click Done
Does you gimbal freak out like this:

This is my second time replacing my Evo from Best Buy. I know what I'm experiencing with my gimbal isn't normal. This second Evo didn't have the gimbal cover attached when I first opened the box which is leading me to believe I just got another bad Evo with a screwed up gimbal.

To be certain, could someone else please replicate and report back? Tell us to what degree you tapped when adjusting the gimbal roll axis.

I'd really appreciate it.

Same exact thing happens to my gimbal when I adjust the tilt... it does freak out like that..

Thanks. Do you have issues with your Horizon tilt being off in the first place?
Mine was not off but I just was messing with it and seeing what it does exactly. The gimbal did do that movement like yours when I adjusted it to a certain level. My gimbal tilt is set to 0 what is yours? I would set the gimbal back to default settings and run a gimbal calibration on a flat surface, then pick of your EVO while its on and tilt it and you will see through the camera if its level while your tilting it from side to side.

Mine is set to +2 but apparently it remembers that from your previous flight. I just got off the phone with Autel. How cool is that when you can speak to someone in support at 8:30am on a Sunday!

I had them watch the video and was told that what they saw is definitely NOT normal. To take it back to BestBuy and get it replaced or send it to Autel for repair.

Here we go again. At least BB makes it painless. This time I'm going to open the box at the store and make sure the gimbal cover is on, no scratches etc..

I'd still like others to try and replicate as well.

Well, I didn't get to replicate your gimbal test. But what happened to me was this; just got my first Evo the other week. I thought the first two flights with it seemed normal. Then the third flight I noticed the gimbal was way out. While trying to bring it back to me, ( about 25' elevation, and 40' distance) the drone and controller stopped communicating and the drone flew itself right in to a pole, then some cables, and crashed. Not sure if there was any connection of the two problems? It was not until I started looking at the first two videos I made, that I noticed the gimbal was out by a couple of degrees on all my videos. Either way, the drone is on its way back to manufacturer, for a replacement. ?

• Wow
Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller