Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Active track fail.

Terry77

Reaction score
I didn't realize that the Evo active track was so basic. Shure hope Autel corrects this.

Last edited:
I've had similar results with the Mavic Pro, Spark and Evo, so this doesn't surprise me. They always seem to lose the subject pretty easily. I've wondered how much the phone plays into it - ie: processor power - but I don't know how much of the tracking processing is done in the bird and how much is done on the phone in software. I did find that my Spark did MARGINALLY better with a higher end phone.

I'm not surprised that the Mavic 2 is better, but I haven't tried one and probably won't.
LP

Well, that's the only negative thing of the Evo. The mavic pro 2 win all over with the follow me feature. In the video you can see how the mavic pro follow the guy without losing the objective and even staying at the same proximity. I know Autel can fix this if they want it with a firmware.

I've had similar results with the Mavic Pro, Spark and Evo, so this doesn't surprise me. They always seem to lose the subject pretty easily. I've wondered how much the phone plays into it - ie: processor power - but I don't know how much of the tracking processing is done in the bird and how much is done on the phone in software. I did find that my Spark did MARGINALLY better with a higher end phone.

I'm not surprised that the Mavic 2 is better, but I haven't tried one and probably won't.
LP
BTW This thread doesn't mean that I'm disappointed with my new Evo (I love the camera) but everything can be improved so maybe we can give Autel a little push. :) I hadn't thought of the phone have some influence but that may well be. All the sensors are there so it sure would be nice if Autel worked on this more and could get the altitude reliable.

Last edited:
so if the EVO loses a track ...does it stay fixed in the position of the track? then do you reenable the fly mode how? I am just getting my head around evo so flying whenever possible but haven't had a go at the tracking yet

Thank you Augustine. For sure DJI is a long way from perfection and the video is very interesting. I am hoping that the EVO can be perfected even more than it is now. The Captain Drone video above is pretty extreme but this one is a gentle slope (see 5:20 to 8:30)
. Evo has the sensors that it would need and I can't imagine that it is a huge firmware upgrade so I hope Autel has the resources to implement this.

Don’t you hate it when people respond to questions but don’t actually answer the question. That is what I am doing.

I don’t think this has changed, but there is software in beta, so maybe?

I reached out to autel regarding this question and this is the response I received

"Thank you for reaching out! There is no timeline for any changes in the App regarding the Dynamic Tracking Feature at this time. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!"

So I assume it's not looking good and with the Evo 2 around the corner I hope the development for the Evo doesn't diminish

I reached out to autel regarding this question and this is the response I received

"Thank you for reaching out! There is no timeline for any changes in the App regarding the Dynamic Tracking Feature at this time. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!"

So I assume it's not looking good and with the Evo 2 around the corner I hope the development for the Evo doesn't diminish
I am not saying that could happen but there is currently a new firmware 1.5.8 that is in testing mode. When this firmware is out for the customers to download, it may or may not fix the issue you have.

I am not saying that could happen but there is currently a new firmware 1.5.8 that is in testing mode. When this firmware is out for the customers to download, it may or may not fix the issue you have.
Yeah I highly doubt it since the rep mentioned nothing about updating the dynamic tracking ability. To me this is a huge flaw and a dealbreaker for most people looking to get this drone for action sports and such.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP51