Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

8k Camera settings for

OrangeHawk417

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on what settings are the best to set EVOII 8k camera to for action pics and vids? specifically cars?

Anyone have suggestions on what settings are the best to set EVOII 8k camera to for action pics and vids? specifically cars?

Aperture Priority Mode at F5.6, ISO100, Daylight WB should cover 90% of the scenarios you will face.

Apologies if I am wrong as I only have a EVO 2 Pro 6K but I don't think this is possible with the 8K camera. Isn't the aperture fixed at f/1.8?

That's a great catch, I only have the 6K as well and I assumed the 8K had a variable aperture also. In that case then obviously still in Aperture priority mode, ISO100, Daylight WB; the shutter speed is going to be a lot higher though at F1.8.

Thank You. One question you might know as well...SD cards... Does it matter? And whats the best to get the best images?

I only use Sandisk memory cards in all of my cameras; specifically the Extreme Pros. I also use the Kingston memory card readers to copy the footage off of the memory cards. I had a no name brand reader and it corrupted two of my memory cards once so a quality reader is just as important as the cards.

I don't know what you are asking when you ask what's the best to get the best images.. The memory card and readers don't affect the image quality unless you get a memory card so slow it does not support the data rates of the camera, the Extreme Pros will support any data rate the EVO II requires.

Apologies if I am wrong as I only have a EVO 2 Pro 6K but I don't think this is possible with the 8K camera. Isn't the aperture fixed at f/1.8?
The 8K camera does not have all of the same settings, options as the Pro 6K, I have both cameras and went through and compared the differences. There are some that would be intuitive that are not there. Biggest thing have found with the 8K camera is for action, drop down to 4K 60FPS, or go lower lower resolution and higher frame rate (e.g. 2.7 or 1K and use 120FPS), plus what ever your preferred settings including experiment with your style adjustments (e.g. sharp, cont, sat).

Thank You. One question you might know as well...SD cards... Does it matter? And whats the best to get the best images?
I use sandisk extreme pro u3 64GB microsd cards, they work great, have used at 8K, 6K and 4K@60 across different aircraft/vendors without any issues. Also some will tell you to get the two pin row micro sd cards for performance, the catch is, you pay more and the aircraft do not have the extra row of pins so you simply pay more for what you can get via the sandisk extreme pro or similar.

The only impact an microsd card would have is if you have a slow card (e.g. not a u3) then you would jerky, bad video even after rendering. Tip, when you go above 4K, some computers will playback the raw clips jerky until you render, then they are smooth. At first may seem like you had a bad microsd card, until you realize its an issue with your computers video & display driver and hardware.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58