Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

4 Drones Night Video Comparison Dji Mavic 3, Autel Nano Plus, Lite Plus and Evo 2 Pro

surprised how poorly the evo2pro did.
not surprised the nano is the "clear" winner.

What were the camera settings for the EVO II? It performs way better than this when the camera is properly set up. It definitely isn't as good as some of the newer releases, but it is better than the samples shown in this video. For the EVO II 6K samples it looked like the ISO was way too high (probably around 3200 ISO) and the WB was too warm (probably around 6000K or higher).

Best Night Settings for the EVO II 6K
Shutter: 1/30s
Aperture: F2.8
ISO: 800
WB: 3600
Color Profile: LOG
Resolution: 4K30FPS

Here is a sample night video I shot with those settings with the EVO II 6K:

Last edited:
What were the camera settings for the EVO II? It performs way better than this when the camera is properly set up. It definitely isn't as good as some of the newer releases, but it is better than the samples shown in this video. For the EVO II 6K samples it looked like the ISO was way too high (probably around 3200 ISO) and the WB was too warm (probably around 6000K or higher).

Best Night Settings for the EVO II 6K
Shutter: 1/30s
Aperture: F2.8
ISO: 800
WB: 3600
Color Profile: LOG
Resolution: 4K30FPS

Here is a sample night video I shot with those settings with the EVO II 6K:

You have to understand the point of this test was to use auto settings in standard color for all 4 drones as an example. The camera features in manual and auto settings the differences in with log only 2 drones have manual settings with log while 2 are in auto with log. The range for ISO is different and some drones have night settings and some drones are applying a lot of noise reduction..I can definitely tell you that nano plus, lite plus(night/super night), Mavic 3(night mode) apply a lot of noise reduction. So I am trying different not scientific limited examples. Just to view and get a sense of what a camera will do in auto in a specific circumstance. For me trying to maximize each camera in that setting with 20-30 mph winds in high 30's temps was not happening lol. But I get your point and many people with photography knowledge will know there is not a lot understand about the full capabilities of a camera for a single data point.

You have to understand the point of this test was to use auto settings in standard color for all 4 drones as an example. The camera features in manual and auto settings the differences in with log only 2 drones have manual settings with log while 2 are in auto with log. The range for ISO is different and some drones have night settings and some drones are applying a lot of noise reduction..I can definitely tell you that nano plus, lite plus(night/super night), Mavic 3(night mode) apply a lot of noise reduction. So I am trying different not scientific limited examples. Just to view and get a sense of what a camera will do in auto in a specific circumstance. For me trying to maximize each camera in that setting with 20-30 mph winds in high 30's temps was not happening lol. But I get your point and many people with photography knowledge will know there is not a lot understand about the full capabilities of a camera for a single data point.

That makes sense, I guess as a photographer I can't imagine leaving anything in auto mode these days. I think drone makers are putting in more effort with their newer models to have auto work better out of the box since a lot of new drone owners got it to fly then discovered all of the advanced camera features later. Some owners probably never leave auto. The EVO II 6K definitely does itself a real disservice in auto at night.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
That makes sense, I guess as a photographer I can't imagine leaving anything in auto mode these days. I think drone makers are putting in more effort with their newer models to have auto work better out of the box since a lot of new drone owners got it to fly then discovered all of the advanced camera features later. Some owners probably never leave auto. The EVO II 6K definitely does itself a real disservice in auto at night.
I use manual whenever I normally use my drone and the evo 2 pro has an excellent number of manual settings except for in HDR for whatever reason. I wish the Nano Plus and the Lite Plus would get to that point

Reactions: Sky pirate

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDEAZA