Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

what pc for 4k 10bit?

woobirdy

Reaction score
Hi

New owner of evo 2 pro 6k, I'm a bit out of touch with pc builds, the way things are at the moment with parts shortage and crazy gpu prices its a nightmare to get a build that's not going to cost too much, i'm just looking for something that can handle 4k 10bit 4.4.0, a usable timeline would be nice and not really worried about render times its just a hobby really, but can't make up my mind, , found a few on ebay that come with adobe pp. i7-6700K 4.4GHZ 32GB-RAM NVMe+3TB GTX-970 8K 4K EDITING WORKSTATION VR GAMING PC | eBay
would a 980ti cut the mustard , what are other people running and how are you finding it with 4k 10bit, any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
Don't know for sure but wouldn't be too confident. Ebay has lots of scammers also! I wouldn't trust making a purchase that big on Ebay. They might say it's new but have used parts mixed in. I chose Ryzen CPU. Best bang for the buck and they crush intel!!! I have a 1660 super GPU and I would think a card with at least 4gb gddr5 ram would be minimum. The1660 super has 6gb of gddr6 and it renders a 6k 3-5minute video in less than 20 minutes and is smooth as butter. I can work in 4k in the timeline on Davinci without issues. I have a Ryzen 5950x ,Corsair H115i AIO liquid cooler, 64GB DDR4 @ C-16 3200mhz with the 1660 super running a LG 4k 60hz monitor. I would go with a Ryzen with at least 4 core 8 thread. Here is a great video on a cheap build. I did my 1st build in 18yrs after watching his video and it went pretty smooth. He also give links to all the parts and offers suggestions on higher tier parts as well. I would shy from a pre built because they sometimes have proprietary parts that they cut corners on the quality of and when they go out you can't replace them with standard parts. Just my opinion though. I'm sure there are good pre built, but they tend to be more expensive. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Don't know for sure but wouldn't be too confident. Ebay has lots of scammers also! I wouldn't trust making a purchase that big on Ebay. They might say it's new but have used parts mixed in. I chose Ryzen CPU. Best bang for the buck and they crush intel!!! I have a 1660 super GPU and I would think a card with at least 4gb gddr5 ram would be minimum. The1660 super has 6gb of gddr6 and it renders a 6k 3-5minute video in less than 20 minutes and is smooth as butter. I can work in 4k in the timeline on Davinci without issues. I have a Ryzen 5950x ,Corsair H115i AIO liquid cooler, 64GB DDR4 @ C-16 3200mhz with the 1660 super running a LG 4k 60hz monitor. I would go with a Ryzen with at least 4 core 8 thread. Here is a great video on a cheap build. I did my 1st build in 18yrs after watching his video and it went pretty smooth. He also give links to all the parts and offers suggestions on higher tier parts as well. I would shy from a pre built because they sometimes have proprietary parts that they cut corners on the quality of and when they go out you can't replace them with standard parts. Just my opinion though. I'm sure there are good pre built, but they tend to be more expensive. Hope this helps

yeah im with you on pre builds,, the only problem is the gpu the prices are crazy, i think i have an idea on a build now, i'm done with adobe, going back to Davinci they really have sorted it now, used to only use it for grading.
8 cores 4gb of video ram, and as much ram as i can get in there 32gb plus.. , my last pc had a 780ti with a 4770k cpu and 16gb of ram, how things have moved on...
thanks for the reply i have an idea now base on your build of where i need to be...

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
yeah im with you on pre builds,, the only problem is the gpu the prices are crazy, i think i have an idea on a build now, i'm done with adobe, going back to Davinci they really have sorted it now, used to only use it for grading.
8 cores 4gb of video ram, and as much ram as i can get in there 32gb plus.. , my last pc had a 780ti with a 4770k cpu and 16gb of ram, how things have moved on...
thanks for the reply i have an idea now base on your build of where i need to be...

Yeah you should be able to edit with proxies with a card with 4gb gddr5. Like a 1050 ti. They have them on Amazon for about 400. I know it's a little mark up, but it's better then the 30 series cards. People are rich and high on crack if they buy one of those for those insane scalper prices! I have gone with Nvidia cause they just have drivers and the builds of their cards sorted out better in earlier tech than AMD does. Davinci has come a long way. They used to be resource hogs and I think they've got it smoothed out. 32GB DDR4 is great! I almost went with 32 to save $ for the GPU but still had enough in the budget for one, even though I paid about 300 over MSRP, so I stayed with 64GB. I started the build and did not know anything about the graphics card situation and was not just going to leave my build hanging plus it's an absolute must for my business. I had sold my laptop as part of the budget for the build, so I was stuck?. Let us know how it works out once you get it built. All the best!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles