Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Wet Suit has it Privileges !

phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Being able to go up in the rain , just give me more opportunity to capture some print worthy .
its when all the action takes place and things get interesting. My collection of Storm Pics is growing

This makes for a Beautiful Wall Paper and was taken last night in the Rain.
It is cropped in size to paste but still nice. If you have a widescreen monitor its a treat.

Gear to fly your Evo 2 in the Rain and Capture the Storm.
Email : [email protected] as we have some new colors for the Evo 2 Wet Suit .
Phantomrain.org

screenshot_01.png

screenshot_02.png

screenshot_27.png

Last edited:
Being able to go up in the rain , just give me more opportunity to capture some print worthy .
its when all the action takes place and things get interesting. My collection of Storm Pics is growing

This makes for a Beautiful Wall Paper and was taken last night in the Rain.
It is cropped in size to paste but still nice. If you have a widescreen monitor its a treat.

Email : [email protected] as we have some new colors for the Evo 2 Wet Suit .
Phantomrain.org

View attachment 10988
So, question... what do you offer (or suggest) to prospective puchasers to protect their controller/tablet setup in those storm conditions? Beyond the standard gallon size Ziploc bag? :(

Reactions: phantomrain.org
Because of the chance of lightning and your equipment not being very Water Resistant, you have to take shelter: We fly almost exclusively from the Car.

Or I am flying from under a roof.

That is not to say that everything does not at some point get soaked but the Smart Controller is proving well in the Rain.

Phantomrain.org

No i have not; I fly both the DJI and EVO and no magnetic interference on either.
I have quite a few videos posted on flying form inside the car. its fantastic.

Best way to start it to get your GPS lock outside the car: Keep the window open sit inside , roll up the window , face the other way and your GPS should be strong as well as signal.

Test out your limits say 3000 ft for the Evo is a good run.

As you gain confidence : turn on the wipers , radio , start the engine , get comfortable you may never go back. :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

No i have not; I fly both the DJI and EVO and no magnetic interference on either.
I have quite a few videos posted on flying form inside the car. its fantastic.

Best way to start it to get your GPS lock outside the car: Keep the window open sit inside , roll up the window , face the other way and your GPS should be strong as well as signal.

Test out your limits say 3000 ft for the Evo is a good run.

As you gain confidence : turn on the wipers , radio , start the engine , get comfortable you may never go back. :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I've not tried flying from inside my car but I've seen plenty of others do it on YouTube. I have a Transit van with plenty of interior space to get comfortable. You've convinced me to give it a try.

Reactions: phantomrain.org
Yes all 3 Pictures posted above are shot in the Rain but you cannot see it facing towards the Lake , but when I start to turn the drone to the left , you can see the rain coming down.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your EVO 2 in the Rain.

I installed my new Neon Red Wetsuit looks great

Attachments

• CCBAAC04-6064-41D9-9949-C7E365C3EF7F.jpeg
    CCBAAC04-6064-41D9-9949-C7E365C3EF7F.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 8
  • EF255FCA-F986-4A34-99AD-10B2D09856E1.jpeg
    EF255FCA-F986-4A34-99AD-10B2D09856E1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 14F17B85-19D9-47F0-9431-7EF8C0F923BC.jpeg
    14F17B85-19D9-47F0-9431-7EF8C0F923BC.jpeg