Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Viewpoint mode seems a little lacking.

parkgt

Reaction score
While Viewpoint has some uses it could be improved or Autel could provide a more robust Course Lock addition to the Intelligent Photo modes.

First, you cannot use it for timelapses. At least I couldn't get it to do interval photos. Why? This would be one obvious use case for this function. Camera functions should be independent of the flight mode. Also a held reverse option would be nice.

Second; once a course is selected one cannot yaw the craft without changing the course. This may be intentional, but only further suggests the need for a Course Lock mode. With a true Course Lock one would be able to yaw the craft while maintaining the predetermined course allowing for trucking shots to the right or left or behind. Since we don't have any cinematic mission options any steps in that direction would be useful.

Reactions: drrags and Andrew01
Totally agree with everything you said. Course lock doesn't have much value at the moment as it doesn't actually do any meaningful course locking...

I have to say this seems to be a major oversight. I loved doing hyperlapse on my Mavic Air and was looking forward to doing 6K hyperlapse on my Evo 2 but to no avail...........Timelapse is one thing but without the drone moving its a bit dull and the Viewpoint mode offers a straight line, same speed path that works best. Please Autel.........

Reactions: parkgt and Andrew01

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials