Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video tutorials for smooth flying maneuvers

ovidiutache

Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm looking for some video tutorials/lessons or tips to set my drone controller in order to help me control my drone more smoothly when flying.
Any links to any resources to learn?
Thank you in advance.

Reactions: vonmoore
Hi all.
I'm looking for some video tutorials/lessons or tips to set my drone controller in order to help me control my drone more smoothly when flying.
Any links to any resources to learn?
Thank you in advance.

I recommend not changing any settings except possibly the gimbal tilt speed and simply learning how to control it using out of the box settings. This comes up many times and the settings right from the factory are best; if you start fiddling with them you could decrease its wind fighting capabilities, flight stability, and you will never learn the proper muscle memory of controlling any drone regardless of its settings.

I have flown many RC things over the span of 20+ yrs and never changed the factory settings. If you practice enough you will be able to easily adapt to different sized drones, different makers, etc, without always relying on custom settings.

Reactions: ADOC and vonmoore
I recommend not changing any settings except possibly the gimbal tilt speed and simply learning how to control it using out of the box settings.
Other drones can be taught to regulate smoothly: their rotation, acceleration, deceleration, and other parameters, but not the nano drone. The rotation of the nano drone is not smooth but rather jerky. When you start to turn it, it somewhat rotates smoothly within one level, then there is a sudden transition to another level, and it has several such levels. As a result, no matter how smoothly you try to control its rotation, it will still jerk.

Reactions: herein2021
Other drones can be taught to regulate smoothly: their rotation, acceleration, deceleration, and other parameters, but not the nano drone. The rotation of the nano drone is not smooth but rather jerky. When you start to turn it, it somewhat rotates smoothly within one level, then there is a sudden transition to another level, and it has several such levels. As a result, no matter how smoothly you try to control its rotation, it will still jerk.

I have never flown the Nano so I did not know it was that bad, doesn't sound like adjusting the controls will help there either. There's a lot of buyers regret on this forum when it comes to the Nano.

If you've never flown the Nano then your opinion is worthless 😂

Reactions: ADOC
Out of the few youtube tutorials I found liked this one the most.

Basic skills but good to master and transfer the stick movements to muscle memory. It may sound odd but try some intense practicing one afternoon and then get a good night's sleep. Practice again the next day and chances are your skills will have improved. Do this a few days in a row and before you know it you won't be consciously "thinking" about the control inputs.

For what it's worth, I have a Nano+ that I have been flying since Dec 2022. I have tested a number of control settings and have found some that work well for me. My personal preference on the EXP settings are as follows:

0.4 - throttle up/down
0.25 rotate right/left
0.2 forward/right - backward/left

Basic skills but good to master and transfer the stick movements to muscle memory. It may sound odd but try some intense practicing one afternoon and then get a good night's sleep. Practice again the next day and chances are your skills will have improved. Do this a few days in a row and before you know it you won't be consciously "thinking" about the control inputs.

For what it's worth, I have a Nano+ that I have been flying since Dec 2022. I have tested a number of control settings and have found some that work well for me. My personal preference on the EXP settings are as follows:

0.4 - throttle up/down
0.25 rotate right/left
Thank you for your advice.

0.4 - throttle up/down
0.25 rotate right/left
Great advice, my first flights found all stick movements a little twitchy and having a fair bit of XP on RCGliders & Slopeys I can feel the Finer movements of quality sticks just isnt there.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dandandan