Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

US Attorney General issues guidelines for government anti-drone measures

Problem is, they will overstep their bounds at some point.... when some little bo-dunk PD gets cranky that someone is watching them abuse folks, they'll drop the drone and claim it was for 'security'.

Starting to look like UAS operators need an 'AOPA' style organization for our use cases so we can have some better representation in courts/government/etc and not just hardware manufacturers buying lobbyists.

Problem is that post is from 4yrs ago...
Hah... love how folks raise the dead on boards like this. :) Not a lot of traffic so you end up reading stuff that's ancient.

Tho my comment still holds true.... I think at some point we'lll need some kind of nonprofit to represent the pilots in congress.

Tho my comment still holds true.... I think at some point we'lll need some kind of nonprofit to represent the pilots in congress
The AMA was that organization, which has basically become irrelevant because the government can and will make any regulations they want. They don't care what a hobby organization thinks and they made that very clear. The lobbyists for the industry are the only ones heard.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58