Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Time Lapse with Firmware 2.5.11

Great video. Congrats. Beautiful colors.

Let me ask you something though. Has the horizon tilt issue still not been fixed with the new firmware 2.5.11?
It seems like it's still there. I'm still on firmware 2.3.3 and don't have any horizon tilt issues. But if remember correctly I did experience the issues with firmware 2.5.0. As I mentioned I have been on firmware 2.5.0 before but had to downgrade to firmware 2.3.3 due to the ridiculous drift and yaw issues. Any chance you could give me/us an update regarding the yaw and drift issues with this new firmware 2.5.11? Did the new firmware fix the issues?

Great video. Congrats. Beautiful colors.

Let me ask you something though. Has the horizon tilt issue still not been fixed with the new firmware 2.5.11?
It seems like it's still there. I'm still on firmware 2.3.3 and don't have any horizon tilt issues. But if remember correctly I did experience the issues with firmware 2.5.0. As I mentioned I have been on firmware 2.5.0 before but had to downgrade to firmware 2.3.3 due to the ridiculous drift and yaw issues. Any chance you could give me/us an update regarding the yaw and drift issues with this new firmware 2.5.11? Did the new firmware fix the issues?
I'll be doing some more testing specifically looking for that issue. I cut out part of the video because the video went to about a 45 degree angle for some reason. I'll be sending a ticket to Autel with the raw video for them to look at. Its like it kept tilting the camera to the left for some reason. This is despite the fact the drone was hovering and it wasn't windy so its not as if the drone was bouncing around. It sort of gives you the impression that its sampling the video and trying to figure out the horizon along with the data from the IMU. It could be if the drone isn't moving that it doesn't check the IMU as often? Maybe its starts tracking something accidently like the tripod track? Maybe the damp air from the fog is messing with the Gimbal? Lots of weird math that could be going on. As soon as I stopped the time lapse and moved the drone a little bit it fixed itself and was level again. /shrug

I'll let them figure it out as it was pretty drastic. And maybe because it was so obvious it will lead them to the issue which is why we are testing :).

Last edited:
Here's the raw video from the last part of my original video.

After I stopped the Time Lapse and wiggled the drone, the horizon straightened right up. I just copied the logs to my PC so I can attach it to the email to support.

Last edited:
Here's the Time Lapse of the highway from yesterday. Nice and level.

Wow. New to the board and three messages in and you drop this ^^^
coming from someone who can’t figure out even how to time-lapse. Very constructive, hope you figure out how to fly your drone soon buddy.

Reactions: drrags
Wow. New to the board and three messages in and you drop this ^^^
coming from someone who can’t figure out even how to time-lapse. Very constructive, hope you figure out how to fly your drone soon buddy.
Mine was about 1000' out and 200-230' up and over top of the trees next to the highway. Had it fallen from the air only would have disturbed were the deer. That spot is 100-200 feet away from the highway its just deceptive because of the height and angle. Flew over golf course and trees to get to that spot so never had anybody nor anything in danger if it fell from the sky. I think they may want to go back and read the rules again.

Reactions: Cicero24
Mine was about 1000' out and 200-230' up and over top of the trees next to the highway. Had it fallen from the air only would have disturbed were the deer. That spot is 100-200 feet away from the highway its just deceptive because of the height and angle. Flew over golf course and trees to get to that spot so never had anybody nor anything in danger if it fell from the sky. I think they may want to go back and read the rules again.
I wasn’t referring to you. I was referring to other guy who just joined the forum. He started a thread and couldn’t figure out how to even perform a time lapse in one thread and then came to your thread and dropped some FAA rule-breaker nonsense about your flights in his third post since joining the forum. So in essence, he asks how to perform a time lapse with an EVO II and then comes over to your post and jumps
On you about your time lapses. ??‍♂️

I wasn’t referring to you. I was referring to other guy who just joined the forum. He started a thread and couldn’t figure out how to even perform a time lapse in one thread and then came to your thread and dropped some FAA rule-breaker nonsense about your flights in his third post since joining the forum. So in essence, he asks how to perform a time lapse with an EVO II and then comes over to your post and jumps
I knew that. Sorry if I confused you. I was just piggybacking on what you said :).

I wasn’t really getting on to him, just being flippant which I shouldn’t have done. In fact I loved his hyperlapse. I have used the Timelapse option several times since I asked this question.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smaxfieldapi